LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 12-27-2005, 10:25 PM   #1
Kohaku2416
User

Default 22 ruger pistols

I just bought a 22 Ruger pistol today, but got put on a 3 day waiting period -_- stupid laws. anywho the gun looks a lot like a Luger, i mean it's like got the same type of barrel and grip, only thing different is instead of a toggle it uses a type of cylinder thing to reload and rounds. They had three in stock they had a 4 inch Ruger 22 that reminded me of a standard P.08, a six inch ruger that reminded me of a Navy Luger, and the 10 inch Ruger that made me think of the Arti Luger. So did Ruger like try to make it resemeble a Luger on purprose or is it just a coincidence? oh by the way incase your wondering which Ruger i got, i got the six inch Ruger that resembled a Navy Luger.
Kohaku2416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2005, 10:27 PM   #2
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,500 Times in 2,076 Posts

Yes, I had one of these about 25 years ago, they have been around for about 45 years. Nice pistol, I am sure that Bill Ruger designed it to resemble the luger, but of course totally different design. Folks here are familar with it.

Is the avatar you or? Looks like a gang picture?

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2005, 10:39 PM   #3
pipeman45
User

I've owned a MarkII target model for many years. I know it's had at least 4 cases (that right,Cases not bricks) of 22 put through it. Still shoots better than these old eyes can. You bought a good gun.
Unread 12-27-2005, 10:39 PM   #4
Kohaku2416
User

Default Yep thats me

Yep yep thats me and in my hand i hold my beloved Beretta 92F, ive had that 9mm since i was 12 years old. it's the gun that got me hooked on shooting and guns, it's seen a lot of shooting, all the finish on the front of the barrel and the edges is worn off. But it's a great gun. Haha people say i look to young to be 17 in that pic though But oh well
Unread 12-27-2005, 10:50 PM   #5
Kohaku2416
User

Quote:
Originally posted by pipeman45
I've owned a MarkII target model for many years. I know it's had at least 4 cases (that right,Cases not bricks) of 22 put through it. Still shoots better than these old eyes can. You bought a good gun.
4 cases!!!???!!!?? o_O jeeze thats a lot of ammuntion!!! But it still works fine u say? hmm thats awesome, im really glad i got this gun now haha and i came really close to getting a Walther P22 but i picked this instead cuz it reminded me so much of a Luger.
Unread 12-28-2005, 12:12 AM   #6
pipeman45
User

I use to work with a bunch of gun nuts. Even worse than me. Every week when we got off work we would each take at least a brick of shells and go shooting. Not that I could do it now,but at that time we would set up empty 22 hulls and shoot at them at about 25ft. Ruger's will shoot!
Unread 12-28-2005, 12:54 AM   #7
Hugh
RIP

I never owned a Ruger semi auto, but have owned several Ruger single actions in various calibers. When I was in college I squirrel hunted with my Ruger 22 Single Six while the other guys used 22 rifles and shotguns. I usually got as many or more than they did. Nowadays, I have to use a scope to even see the little buggers!