LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 12-22-2005, 10:08 PM   #1
Kohaku2416
User

Default Walther P1 troubles

Earlier today a friend and i were out back shooting some coke cans with his Walther P1 that he got for his 16th birthday. When all of a sudden the gun started jamming. Like really bad, every other shot was a jam. When it got even worse, In one of the jams the bullet got stuck in the feed ramp and the nose of the bullet got lodged in the upper part of the barrel and to top it off the slide slammed shot on the case while it was half stuck in the mag. It took us a good twenty minutes before we could un jam the gun and when we tossed the bullet it went off in the back part of the woods. We dont know whats causing it and he's all freaked out thinking his gun is broken. Does anyone know whats going on and if so can you help us out?
Kohaku2416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2005, 11:04 PM   #2
policeluger
RIP

Sounds like the tossed bullet hit a rock or such on the primer and caused it to go off, have a sample or two of that same thing around....also I have seem the P1 version crack the frame, sending everything a few thousands kilter....also ammo could be an issue...hope I was of help. gone for a few days now, let me know if I can help.......PL
policeluger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2005, 10:00 AM   #3
Lugerdoc
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Kohaku, You friend's jam could be the result of weak ammo, bad mag lips, etc. But I would also clean the P1 throughly and check the slide for cracks in the area cut out for the locking block. TH
Unread 12-23-2005, 10:36 AM   #4
Fritzer
User

Default http://www.p38forum.com

You may also want to look at the sister forum www.p38forum.com
Many members participate in both, but there are tech areas and discussions on the P38's and P1's over there.

Regards,
Fritz.
Fritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2005, 01:18 PM   #5
Thor
User

As a side note, a good P.38 slide will ring like a tuning fork almost forever when stripped of it small parts and held with a thumb and finger at the back cocking serations and thumped at the front with ones thumb. The ringing on a slide with even an internal crack will dampen out and stop ringing more quickly.
915-526-8925 Email
thor340@aol.com
-----------------------------------
John3:3
Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2005, 04:41 PM   #6
Kohaku2416
User

Default My gun now

Well my friend is tired of his Walther so he says. Plus he wants the money to get a new Ipod Video " which by the way is a sweet little gaget" Soooo i went and relieved him of his Walther for the total cost of $200. hmm I guess it's my problem now to get it fixed. >_<

Just thought i would let everyone know who was aware of his or shall i say my problem now.
Kohaku2416 is offline   Reply With Quote