LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 04-20-2020, 05:35 PM   #1
HerrKaiser
User

Default My Finished Thesis

Hello All,

Well, as I get ready to graduate here in a month, my big project for graduate school is finally complete! You may remember my thread as I was working on it here http://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=39894

It is finished now, and I cannot thank enough the members who helped by contributing to the survey. (which is a major topic in chapter 3) Please accept my gratitude for your help, and I hope you all enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it (well, writing about the topic, the actual writing process has its fair share of frustrations ).

There are plenty of Luger references throughout the thesis. It is one heck of a feeling to finally have it completed. It's 130 pages long, so if you are getting bored in quarantine, here is something brand new to read.

Best,
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Collective Memory.pdf (1.47 MB, 83 views)

Looking for Mauser S/42 toggle train #22
HerrKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 11 members says Thank You to HerrKaiser for your post:
Unread 04-20-2020, 07:51 PM   #2
tomaustin
Lifer X5
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Having just read your thesis, I would like to congratulate you on an informative effort. At this point in the history of the participants in the actual conflicts, I am pleased the younger family members were able to have a first-hand involvement in their lives. As an older adult, my age was 6 at the conclusion of WW2. My two uncles served active roles in the Army. My Father, with the limitations on taking all sons in a family, joined the Nation Guard and was a Master Sargent for the POW camp outside our hometown of Greenwood, MS....I got involved in the Army in 1961 for several years. I don't talk much about my military career. Some things are better left alone......I sincerely appreciate your work........Tom
tomaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to tomaustin for your post:
Unread 04-20-2020, 08:03 PM   #3
HerrKaiser
User

Thank you, Tom. Glad you found it to be informative and enjoyable! I was incredulous when I first started researching the topic that just about nothing has been written on it. It had the full support of my advisor because of this, and we will seek avenues for publishing it as an article in due time. We believe it may unlock this section of the field of war and memory studies, as well as the role of collectors in the field of history, especially public history.

Looking for Mauser S/42 toggle train #22
HerrKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote