LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 02-29-2016, 08:23 AM   #181
kurusu
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepherder View Post
IIRC, Steve McQueen made a movie about Tom Horn...I probably saw it years ago, but don't recall if they showed a Luger...
They didn't. and they have him using a Winchester 1876 when in fact he used a .30 30 Winchester 1894.
kurusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2016, 08:34 AM   #182
kurusu
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmech View Post
I watched this movie on Nexflix last night. For the C96 fans, a French resistance fighter uses a Broomhandle against Germans, both with and without the stock. I don't recall seeing a stocked Broomhandle used in a movie before.
Marc
Besides the already mentioned Joe the Kidd, you also have:

Michael Collins 1996.

Last edited by kurusu; 02-29-2016 at 03:54 PM.
kurusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2016, 11:51 PM   #183
rolandtg
User

In the season two episode of Get Smart, "A Spy for a Spy", Maxwell Smart meets Siegfried to arrange a hostage exchange.
The two of them divest themselves of all their weapons including several revolvers, a couple of Mauser broom handles, knives, etc.

Then Don Adams pulls out a Borchardt to add to the pile...
Might be the first one I've ever seen in a TV show.
rolandtg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2016, 05:00 PM   #184
Mister Sunshine
User

I have read every page and I don't remember seeing it if I did, but excuse me. The movie KISS of DEATH which came out in 1947 I believe. As the story goes, Victor Mature gets out of prison and the police ask him to infiltrate a gang headed by his old friend Richard Widmark, his first movie by the way. When he is told by a gang member to pick a gun in this closet full of side arms, he spots a Luger in a shoulder holster and he says, "a Luger" and starts to take it when the other gang member tells him, it's the boss's gun, pick another one. I don't remember if the Luger is in other scenes but I am sure it is. I watch a lot of British mysteries on TV and they often have scenes where the bad guy uses a Luger and they treat it terribly. In one scene they drop it from a two story walkway on to the driveway. I hope it's a reproduction. In the movie TOM HORN, the sheriff tells the recorder he will protect him, he says, I even have an automatic, one of those new German jobs but I don't think the pistol is ever shown. If it was I have forgotten the scene .
Mister Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2016, 07:59 PM   #185
MikeP
User

I saw that movie many years ago and could never remember the name.

As I recall he remarked, "Gee, what a honey of a Luger!"

Then he was told it was the boss's.

In the end, I believe there was a big fight between the two and the boss along with his Luger went into a huge tank of Acid.
MikeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2016, 08:21 PM   #186
Mister Sunshine
User

Happy ending all around, unless he took the Luger into the acid with him.
Unread 01-17-2017, 08:32 PM   #187
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,438 Times in 2,327 Posts

I tried a Search for "Northern Pursuit" and got no hits here, so I'm posting the 1943 Errol Flynn movie of that name. It was on TCM this afternoon, I only saw the last 5 minutes - The Nazi aircraft pilot shoots at Flynn (a Canadian Mountie undercover) just before Flynn parachutes out of the plane. The pilot used a Luger. I listened for the sound of the expended cartridge bouncing around the bare metal cockpit but didn't hear anything. Black & white movie, laughable effects, but worth noting, I guess...
sheepherder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2017, 10:10 PM   #188
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,133 Times in 2,173 Posts

Thank God for TCM!!!
cirelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2017, 12:50 AM   #189
gunbugs
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 1,139 Times in 377 Posts

If I remember correctly, it was the movie "Zeppelin", in the first scene, a German is advancing up a hill and fires a full auto Broomhandle with a stock. Pretty cool.
gunbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2017, 09:32 AM   #190
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

My favorite Steve Mcqueen luger shot~https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zwW7iWinrk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	steve 001.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	63599  

Unread 01-25-2017, 05:44 PM   #191
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,438 Times in 2,327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbugs View Post
If I remember correctly, it was the movie "Zeppelin"....
I don't recall that scene, but the scene where the zeppelin is being brought out of its' shed, to the tune of appropriate martial music, was pretty cool...

Another movie scene that has stuck with me (and I bought the DVD) was in the original "Flight Of The Phoenix" when James Stewart finally gets the radial engine running...

...But no Lugers...
sheepherder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2017, 05:28 PM   #192
Mister Sunshine
User

I watched the movie, Where Eagles Dare last night and I saw more that one Luger. I hated to see the way they kept dropping or throwing them around. In one of the closing scenes on the cable car a spy is trying to shoot Clint who is on the roof and after the third shot the gun is empty and he snaps it again, twice I think, neat trick and then he hurls it to the floor. It always amazed me that the actors in movies would throw there pistols away when empty, even in westerns.
Unread 03-11-2017, 05:44 PM   #193
ithacaartist
Twice a Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,476 Times in 1,319 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Sunshine View Post
I watched the movie, Where Eagles Dare last night and I saw more that one Luger. I hated to see the way they kept dropping or throwing them around. In one of the closing scenes on the cable car a spy is trying to shoot Clint who is on the roof and after the third shot the gun is empty and he snaps it again, twice I think, neat trick and then he hurls it to the floor. It always amazed me that the actors in movies would throw there pistols away when empty, even in westerns.
I sort of remember that, but more have the impression that the gun would be the last possible projectile directed toward the opponent--providing, of course, they were within "doinking" distance...
Unread 05-21-2017, 03:55 PM   #194
Mister Sunshine
User

I watched a really dumb movie last night Staring Dick Powel. The story line being about his search for a NAZI collaborator who was responsible for his wife's death. Powel went thru the entire movie acting like he was on some kind of drug. He was looking for the man in Argentina. When he got to his hotel room in Buenos Aires he pulled a Luger out of his waist band a jacked a round into the chamber. No cavity searches when you got on a plane in those days. He never got around to pulling the trigger on the pistol but he did throw it across the room and knock over a lamp with it. He kept getting into traps set by the NAZIS and getting wacked over the head. They knocked the Luger out of his hand in the final scene and hitting him on the gourd with it. The bad guys ended up shooting each other and the Luger was left laying on the floor when the police came and left. All & all a really stupid movie. Someone may have listed this film on this forum before. I have not read them all.
Unread 05-21-2017, 04:38 PM   #195
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Another Look https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr15t4lP110
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	steve 001.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	68377  

Unread 09-03-2017, 04:37 PM   #196
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

I found an old Blues Brothers from 1981
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	blues 001.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	68374  

Name:	blues 004.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	68375  

Name:	blues 005.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	68376  

Unread 10-09-2017, 02:26 PM   #197
Mister Sunshine
User

I watched an old movie over the weekend named House Of Dracula mad in 1941. It starred John Carradine who played Dracula and Lon Cheney as the Wolf Man. They also ran the Frankenstein monster into the film if only for a few minutes. The Doctor in charge of the trio went mad and was dispatched by Lon Cheney using a Luger.
The following member says Thank You to Mister Sunshine for your post:
Unread 10-31-2017, 01:43 PM   #198
Mister Sunshine
User

Default The four horseman -silent

I watched the silent movie, The Four Horseman of the Apocalypse last night and I saw two scenes of Lugers being used. In the first one a German Lt Col is taking Frenchman's daughter upstairs to, rape her when a servant grabs what appears to be a 5 inch barrel Luger off the wall and shoots the Lt Col, played by Wallace Berry. In another scene, Julio, [Rudolf Valentino] is crawling into no-mans land trying to get information on the Germans while at the same time a German soldier is crawling towards him with the same idea. Julio is holding what looks like one of the many different eastern European semi autos while the German is pointing a PO8. In the scene it is raining with thunder and lighting. Just before they shoot each other in a flash of lighting the two recognize that they are first cousins and before they can fire an artillery shell hits on the two of them killing them both.

Last edited by Mister Sunshine; 10-31-2017 at 02:46 PM.
The following member says Thank You to Mister Sunshine for your post:
Unread 11-05-2017, 12:54 AM   #199
Zorba
User

Somewhat modified Luger appears briefly near the end of the 1967 movie "Grand Slam".
Zorba is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Zorba for your post:
Unread 04-07-2018, 05:53 PM   #200
Geo99
User

Saw some movies with Lugers recently -

1. In Wonder Woman, General Ludendorff carries a Luger P08 throughout the movie. Actually a pretty good movie - you can see lots of different old WWI weapons.

2. In X-Men First Class, Dr. Schmidt kills Erik Lenscher's mother with his Luger. Erik later shoots a "retired" SS with his own Luger, after taking it from him.

3. In Anatomy of a Murder, the weapon used was a Luger. Here Paul Biegler (Jimmy Stewart) handles the Luger.

4. In another scene from Anatomy of a Murder, Lt. Manion (Ben Gazzara) explains how the Luger functions (it is his gun).

- Geo
Attached Images