LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Shooting and Reloading

Unread 07-03-2007, 01:08 PM   #1
Pete Ebbink
User

Default Robo-Luger...

This gun must have gotten some of the medications our pro westlers are getting...

http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=1405132

Pete Ebbink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2007, 01:10 PM   #2
Ron Smith
User

Yuk!!!
I Still Need DWM side plate #49... if anyone runs across a nice one.

What ~Rudyard Kipling~ said...
Ron Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2007, 01:38 PM   #3
davidkachel
User

Looks like a TV show monstrosity.
Unread 07-03-2007, 01:49 PM   #4
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,090 Times in 1,675 Posts

Someone has a vivid imagination, questionable taste and way too much time on their hands.
Unread 07-03-2007, 01:54 PM   #5
Pete Ebbink
User

I wonder if that "overgrowth" on the muzzle end is drilled with compensator ports...?
Pete Ebbink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2007, 04:24 PM   #6
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso

Nah, it is a flash suppressor. Comes in real handy when you are clearing an alleyway of trash cans and stray cats after dark.
Unread 07-03-2007, 09:11 PM   #7
Heinz
User

You guys are tough. Looks like a micro target rear sight and a muzzle weight that also furnishes the needed height to match the micro sight.
A reasonable attempt at a shooter with rapid fire match capabilities.

It may have performed reasonably well. They still shoot them in Northern Europe. In fairness it looks no worse than some of the things being done to the 1911 Colt.
Heinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2007, 09:20 PM   #8
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Touch�©. You are right. A full-race 1911 looks like something out of Star Wars. I should have thought of the competition approach, particularly with the target grip. My apologies to the owner/gunsmith.
Unread 07-04-2007, 09:06 AM   #9
Lugerdoc
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Heinz, You stated my thoughts also. TH
Unread 07-04-2007, 09:11 AM   #10
Heinz
User

Ron, it is sort of like a 34 Ford coupe with a 351 Chevy engine: an acquired taste.

Happy fourth of July to all!
Heinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2007, 11:30 PM   #11
rolandtg
User

Maybe the former owner was a Man from U.N.C.L.E. fan!
rolandtg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2007, 10:01 PM   #12
Jack Lawman
User

Quote:
Originally posted by Heinz
In fairness it looks no worse than some of the things being done to the 1911 Colt.
How true.

Reminds me of a "verse" I picked up on one of the boards. I forgot where I got this from (and can't credit the author), but it's pretty good... if you ask me:

"In the beginning was the 1911, and the 1911 was the pistol, and it was good. And behold the Lord said, thou shalt not muck with my disciple John's design for it is good and it worketh. For John made the 1911, and lo all of his weapons, from the designs which I, the Lord, gave him upon the mountain.

And shouldst thou muck with it and hang all manner of foul implements upon it, and profane its internal parts, thou shalt surely fail and have malfunctions, and in the midst of battle thou shalt surely come to harm.

And as the ages passed, men in their ignorance and arrogance didst forget the word of the Lord and began to profane the 1911. The tribe of the gamesman did place recoil spring guides and extended slide releases upon the 1911, and their metalsmiths didst tighten the tolerances and alter parts to their liking, their clarity of mind being clouded by lust.

The artisans did hang all manner of foul implements upon the 1911 and did so alter it that it became impractical to purchase. For lo, the artisans did charge a great tax upon the purchasers of the 1911 so that the lowly field worker could not afford one. And the profaning of the internal parts didst render it unworkable when the dust of the land fell upon it. And lo, they did install adjustable sights, which are an abomination unto the Lord, for they doth break and lose their zero when thou dost need true aim. And those who have done so will be slain in great numbers by their enemies in the great battle.

And it came to pass that the Lord didst see the abomination wrought by man and didst cause, as He had warned, fearful malfunction to come upon the abominations and upon the artisans who thought they could do no wrong.

Seeing the malfunctions and the confusion of men the Lord of the underworld did see an opportunity to further ensnare man and didst bring forth pistols made of plastic, whose form was such that they looked and felt like a brick, yet the eyes of man being clouded, they were consumed by the plastic pistol and did buy vast quantities of them.

And being a deceitful spirit the Devil did make these plastic pistols unamenable to the artisans of earth and they were unable to muck much with the design, and lo these pistols did function.

And the evil one also brought forth pistols in which the trigger didst both **** and fire them, and which require a 'Dingus' to make them appear safe.

But man being stupid did not understand these new pistols and did proceed to shoot themselves with the plastic pistol, and with the trigger cocking pistols, for lo, their manual of arms required great intelligence which man had long since forsaken.

Yet man did not repent of his evil ways, but continued to gloat over these new pistols blaming Satan for the negligent discharges which they themselves had committed.

And when man had been totally ensnared with the plastic pistol the Devil didst cause a plague of the terrible Ka-BOOM to descend upon man and the plastic pistols delivered their retribution upon men. And there was great wailing and gnashing of teeth in the land.

Then seeing that the eyes of man were slowly being opened and that man was truly sorrowful for his sinful misdeeds, the Lord did send his messengers in the form of artisans who did hear and obey the teachings of the Prophet and who didst restore the profaned 1911's to their proper configuration, and lo, to the amazement of men they didst begin to work as the Prophet intended."

Amen

Jack
Unread 07-23-2007, 11:14 AM   #13
davidkachel
User

Jack's verse (which I just stole) requires illustration, so here it is (this wunderkind sells for 4 large):
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ultimateridiculous45-$4000.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	1992