LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Holster Forum

Unread 02-08-2003, 07:21 AM   #1
dpark
New User

Post p-38 holster question?

I've got a holster with the imprint p.38 on the back. it seems in very good condition with supple leather and no stitching coming apart. It is modified with a couple wire things I believe to fit a different belt or shoulder strap. I can't find a tool pocket but it does have a strap inside to help support the pistol.
Can anyone help me with information regarding this holster and maybe it's value.
Thanks Dpark
dpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2003, 07:32 AM   #2
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,525 Times in 2,090 Posts
Hello Dpark, we have a sister site, www.p38forum.com but there are lots of P38 guys on this forum also. Can you provide pictures, front back, etc?

We really need more information to help you, size, markings, shape, etc., but pictures taken by digital or scanned in would work the best.

And Welcome!

Ed
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2003, 07:34 AM   #3
Leon DeSpain
User

Hi dpark,

It is near impossible to place a value on a holster without an accurate detailed description, very good pictures or a personal examination.

There should be no tool pocket on the underside of the flap because P.38's were not issued with tools. The mags could be loaded without one.

A lot of P.38 holsters were modified in Europe so they could be attached to a GI webbed belt. The original belt loops were normally removed and a piece of leather with the wire hanger was riveted to the back.

Is the holster a hard shell or a soft shell? Most of the modified holsters I have seen are hard shells.

A modified holster will have limited collector value. Less than half and possibly a third of what an equivalent unmodified holster would be worth. Most collectors will not even buy a modified holster.

That's the best I can do without more info.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Leon
Leon DeSpain is offline   Reply With Quote