LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 11-27-2001, 12:06 AM   #1
Doug
User

Default Gun Show Report.

Went to the local gun show this weekend expecting to be disappointed. For the most part I was, candy and beanie baby targets and coins! There was one dealer who had Lugers. His name is Fred Fiet, a very nice and easygoing man. Really straight forward and no BS! Anyway he had about 20 P.08's on his table most near minty. This included two Navy rigs two Artillery rigs (one Finnish). A Swiss police and a 1900. Three 1900 American Eagles three 1906 AEĆ¢??s and your run of the mill WWI guns. Also there were six or so P-38's and a few PPk's.

After seeing them I decided to update my collection. After a bit negating I ended trading a M1D and a 1903-A4 for a 1906 AE and a 1906 commercial. Both guns are a strong 98%, I am very happy. To add to this I also bought a 1942 Mauser Banner Eagle "L" proof with two matching mags and holster, a 1939 "42" code and a Black widow. As you can guess I am a little tapped out right now. Look for some of my other guns on Auction Arms soon!

All for now!

Unread 11-27-2001, 12:28 AM   #2
BILL
User

Default Re: Gun Show Report.

Wow! What a haul. I am glad that you shared that with us because some of us were wondering where all the guns and all the money in this country were hiding out. Now we are clear about that. Sounds like maybe some pictures are forthcoming. There are those of us who enjoy the pictures almost (well, *almost*) as much as seeing the real thing. Luger fever is crazy when we start trading off our collections (some really well rounded ones) to get more toggle tops..I am always in the mood for more guns myself and slowly I am letting some of my other treasures go (but only to trusted caretakers). It seems odd that I don't even look twice at revolvers anymore (unless it is something that I know I can trade for a Luger). Great gunshow report.

Unread 11-27-2001, 01:49 AM   #3
Lonnie Zimmerman
User

This is a disease that strikes often!!

Lonnie

Unread 11-27-2001, 10:22 PM   #4
stewart pitts

Where was the SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread 11-27-2001, 11:08 PM   #5
Doug
User

Default Springfield, Illinois (EOM)

Unread 11-28-2001, 04:05 AM   #6
Big Norm
RIP

Default Re: Springfield, Illinois

Fred Fiet is always at the Ohio Gun Collectors Assn. meetings. He has always been nice to me. And he always has a nice selection of Lugers. But he never puts a price tag on his guns. I like looking at them but I hate always asking the price.

Big Norm

Unread 11-28-2001, 11:24 AM   #7
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Default Photos Doug! We want to see photos!

I hope you didn't pawn the digital camera to get those fine Lugers! Sounds like you had a great time! Wish I were there when it happened!

-John Sabato

Unread 11-28-2001, 08:42 PM   #8
Dan Clemons (LugerOne)

Default Re: Springfield, Illinois

I asked Fred where he got all his Lugers and he said he bought entire gun collections. He said he had been doing it for years. He got excited as he told me about an entire gun collection he was about to purchase. He had one shooter Navy with a 6" barrel in 30 cal for sale. Can't remember the price. I'm holding out for a 9 mm Navy.