LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Commercial Lugers

Unread 06-26-2002, 03:37 PM   #1
Brad m.
User

Post 1936 s\42

Iam about to puchase a 1936 s\42 without matching mag . this is being sold by a world renowned collecter . This gun is in mint cond. with all matching no.s .Does $1300.00 sound like a fair price? This is my fist luger & I am being very careful.Also does a matching tool for 65.00 & extra mag. for $125.00 sound reasonable. [img]confused.gif[/img]
Brad m. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2002, 10:00 AM   #2
Doug G.
User

Question

IMHO that gun is about $4-500 too high. Does it include a nice holster? I think that you can find a nice onr for less if you take your time and look. I recently bought a 95+% 1939 for $800 with one matching mag.

You can find loading tools on Ebay for $20-40 and get repro's for $10-15. Spare original mags can be had for $50-100.

Remember that just because a "world renouned collector" owned it does not make it worth more.
Unread 06-27-2002, 10:39 AM   #3
bravo
User

Wink

Hey, I am a new collector also. I bought a 1936 s/42 with matching numbers, matching mag, holster, tool and extra mag at an auction for $850. From what I have read on this forum and other sources I got a good deal. But hey, even if it wasn't a good deal, It was worth that much to me. There are just so many factors involved in determining the worth.
bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2002, 12:08 PM   #4
Marvin
User

If the pistol is positivly MINT condition (99%), it is worth the $1300, but realize this is near full retail. The difference in price for a 95% and a 98-99% is several hundred dollars. I do like the mint pieces, but you will pay for them. I like the approx. 95% condition Lugers because they are in nice condition, the price is reasonable (in the $900 range), and they have some wear to show that maybe they were used by a German soldier.

IMHO, when you are collecting the mint pieces as an investment and/or enjoyment of owning a historical piece, you may pay more now, but the value should always hold, and increase percentage wise more than a 95% pistol. The really MINT pistols are getting more rare all the time. Expect to pay more for them than the average nice Luger.

Marvin
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote