LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Unread 10-03-2002, 07:13 PM   #1
Jeff
User

Post ANOTHER NEW LUGER OWNER

MY DAD GAVE ME A 1916 ERFURT LUGER HE GOT IN 1946, BROUGHT BACK FROM GERMANY. THE SERIAL# IS 4, ALL THE PARTS HAVE THE #4 ON THEM EXCEPT THE SIDE PLATE WHICH IS BLANK. I HAVE TWO MAGAZINES, BOTH HAVE WHAT APPEARS AN EAGLE WITH #37 UNDER THE EAGLE ON THE LEFT SIDE. fxo is also on the mag. THE FINISH IS NOT THE BEST MAYBE 50%. THE LOCKING BOLT PIN STICKS OUT THE BOTTOM OF THE FRAME IN FRONT OF THE TRIGGER, I DON'T KNOW WHY, ANY SUGGESTIONS. I WAS ABLE TO PRINT SOME OF THE NOMENCLATURE OF THE PARTS OFF THIS FORUM. THANKS FOR ANY INFO YOU CAN GIVE ME, I ALWAYS LIKED THE WAY THE LUGER PISTOL LOOKED AND FIRED. jeff
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2002, 12:59 AM   #2
Frank
RIP
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Hi Jeff, Congratulations on your new Luger!!! The little pin sticking out the bottom of the frame, just in front of the trigger guard is the Locking Bolt Spring end. If this spring protrudes too far, it could be an indication of a deformed or broken spring. These springs will stick out varying amounts on different Lugers.

This little â??Lâ? shaped spring is extremely important for the proper operation of the Luger. It prevents the Locking Bolt from rotating to the disassembly position during operation. It should provide some resistance to the rotation of the Locking Block. To examine the spring, rotate the locking block, remove the trigger plate and remove the cannon (receiver) assembly. Then slip the locking block out of the frame, from right to left. The little cavity in the frame below the locking block houses the spring. It can be removed, but just a visual inspection, in place, should show the condition. Make sure it isnâ??t broken. If it isnâ??t broken AND provides a reasonable resistance to the locking block itâ??s good to go.

Good Hunting!!
[img]smile.gif[/img]
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2002, 07:36 AM   #3
Lugerdoc
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

It possible that your locking bolt spring has been replaced with one for a long frame luger or more likely one of the 1970s Mauser Parabellums. These springs are about a 32nd" longer. Tom