LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All Post-WWII Lugers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 04-22-2007, 06:21 PM   #1
mauro
FIREARM HISTORIAN AND AUT

Default Mauser Parabellum prototype number 19

Hello fellows,
After around 2 years I have finally received the Mauser Parabellum prototype number 19 in .30 Luger. This pistol is numbered 10.00.1019 therefore is the 19th Mauser Parabellum made in .30 Luger. It is, so far, the only known survived of the group of 50 pistols shipped to Interarms in the beginning of the production. This is also the lower serial number today reported. Due to the delay of Mauser in reaching the final production configuration, these pistols have unique features common with the pilot group pistols. In the following photos I have attempted of summarizing the most important differences wrt the standard production. What is important to highlight is that the differences are not only superficial but, for example, the angle of the ramp of the frame is different to the one retained for the final production; this is a really big difference.
Should be really nice to have information about the others 49 prototypes in order to figure out if the are some others differences.

The analysis to highlight the differences has been done using one of around 100 Mauser Parabellum cut away models.
Have fun,
Cheers,
Mauro

On the left the Mauser Banner of the prototype #19 on the right the standard one. Note that the Mauser Banner of the #19 is equal to the one used by Mauser in the pre-WWII commercial advertisings (1937-39). Then, for any reason, Mauser changed it with the new one used for the entire post-WWII production.

On the top the prototype #19. Note the different toggle shape and the different toggle - receiver connecting pin.

The receiver front not rounded of the #19 on the right.

Really interesting the difference of the toggle ramp of the frame. On the top the cut away, on the bottom the #19.

On the right the frame of the #19. Note that not only the ramp is different but also the shape of the ramp of the standard production is more "fat" than the one of the #19.

Note that the toggle grip of the #19 is closer to the frame than the nrmal one. Note also that the frame of the #19 doesn't have the grainy surface.

The early magazine were stamped "made in holland" and not "Mauser" because produced in Netherland.

In addition, all the proof marks, the Mauser Banner, and the other written stuff but the Interarms and the Safe word are white.

I hope you enjoy my last baby.

Cheers,
Mauro