LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Luger Accessories

Unread 02-13-2011, 05:15 PM   #1
romer12
User

Default anyone know who made

a luger front sight adjusting tool marked WILLIAM TELL and possible period when made...????............thanks
Unread 02-14-2011, 09:26 AM   #2
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts

Please post some good photos of the device and perhaps it will jog someone's memory. I have no recollection of a front sight tool marked in this manner.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2011, 05:52 PM   #3
fausto
User

Hello!
I have surely seen in past some pictures on eBay of a William Tell marked front sight adjuster. It was - if I remember well - for 7,65 Parabellum Swiss Lugers. I collect Swiss Parabellums and related items and I have a wide range of sight adjusters. They are "all" commercial, made and sold to Swiss shooters along the first half of 1900. No one, as far as I know, has been found in military supply.
There are many models and some are really beautiful, complicated and well made, while others are less accurate and attractive. Some, with rotating "pusher", will damage the blue on your sight base, other, with just "pushing" pusher will not damage that. Some are marked (sometimes with colorful names as... William Tell or with the maker's logo) some are not.
Take care: many, marked with Swiss cross (both for 7.65mm and 9mm Parbellum) are more or less accurate recent reproductions that you will find at near all gunshows.
Hope that this can help...
Fausto
fausto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2011, 06:19 PM   #4
romer12
User

Default thanks

thanks FAUSTO

this one does not reflect 'swiss', and the adjuster seems to slide
back and forth. heard about the swiss ones, but never hear of WILLIAM TELL or who made it.........thanks again. at least it's not made in China...................
Unread 02-21-2011, 02:53 PM   #5
romer12
User

Default luger front sight adj. tool marked WILLIAM TELL

finially got a pic of the WILLIAM TELL marked luger front sight adjusting tool I mentioned earlier. Not swiss, I don't think, but who might have made it. ????
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wm TELL.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	17395