LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Artillery Lugers

Unread 03-08-2004, 02:10 PM   #21
Herb
User

If you have a CC&R you are allowed to make an 'occasional' import provided the weapon being imported is not classified as 'surplus military' firearms, and I have no Idea what falls into that category. You will have to complete ATF Form 6, part 1 and submit it to ATF. Probably takes forever, never having attempted it, again I have no idea.
http://www.atf.gov/forms/pdfs/f53303a.pdf
Unread 03-08-2004, 05:34 PM   #22
Big Norm
RIP

Down Under,
suddenly I appreciate those people who won all those Oscars. You made a big difference in my thinking. You are right on regarding the untra left Hollywood crowd. But some actors have to act that way or they won't get jobs in that industries open minded liberal power structure. (just joking about the open minded comment).
I think that it was Peter Jackson that I was watching a lot in the audience. He needs to get his cloths fitted better. He wore a shirt that looked a couple of inches too tight. Now that I know that he is one of our kind, he has to look good so that we gun owners can be righteously proud of him. He does have a beautiful wife though.
Good luck on solving your computer problem. It happened to me a few months ago and I am still trying to recover from it. Today, I finally solved a problem with my email. I was sending email to more people than I was addressing it to.
Big Norm
Big Norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2004, 01:29 PM   #23
tudorbug
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Murray, we exhanged private emails, particularly on the subject of the artillery luger with accessories to be offered on March 20th.

Did it sell? Can you tell us the results? Are there any other sales in the near future.

Have seen you on this forum since about that time and I do hope all is well at your end of our world.
tudorbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2004, 02:40 PM   #24
policeluger
RIP

I have a rather large, approx 165, Savage 99 collection available to me, in Canada, if I upgrade to an import permit, in addition to FFL. I was told by BATF, that since I had a collection awaiting me, I might not use the permit but one time, so it was declined....where is an importer to start?, would it have been to my advantage to not already have a deal set up, ask for a permit then start looking for guns...it was not worth the effort, and we still do not have an import permit.
policeluger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2004, 09:15 PM   #25
lugercollector
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

If interested,I can help you Import them into the USA.....I have Imported many Lugers from Canada...Peter.......lugercollector@hotmail.com
lugercollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2004, 05:05 PM   #26
jamese
User

Herb,
About a year ago I tried to import a 1936 S/42 from Canada which is declared â??Military Surplusâ?. I received a response about a month ago that stated my application was denied and I would have to import the gun thru a licensed importer.

If the gun was a commercial model, it would have been no problem.

Albert,
When you embark on you journey to fight the logic of BATF rules, you can count on my help for whatever thatâ??s worth, but I would suggest that we solicit the help and backing of NRA or any other organizations who already have the contacts in DC.

If the current front runner of Democratic nominees gets in, I weâ??ll be lucky to hang on to what we already have.

Jim
Unread 04-19-2004, 07:41 PM   #27
Imperial Arms
Banned

Hello Jamese,

The denied import license incident with the BATF is not a surprise to me as a result of their ridiculous regulations dealing with C&R firearms.

Unfortunately, those bureaucrats at the BATF do not recognize our serious passion for pre-WWII pistols, even the military models. When I begin to fight the logic of the BATF, I hope to receive strong support from many collectors on various forums as well as the NRA to exclude various types of military firearms such as Lugers, Mausers and Walthers. Even if the number of collectible military firearms to be considered for importation into the US were to be a small quantity, we should at least be given the merit to receive these C&R firearms from overseas strictly for collecting purposes which will not be used in criminal activities. However, politics kills our hobby because there is no logic applied in the regulations when they are created.

Cheers,
Albert
Imperial Arms is offline   Reply With Quote