LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 09-21-2019, 06:20 AM   #1
Major Tom
User

Default Walmart bans

They have banned AR style rifles, ammo for same and their latest ban is vaping products.
I think they should start a dress policy that bans people from wearing pajamas, fluffy house slippers, burkas and on and on.
Going to Walmart is like going to a carnival or Venice Beach.
Unread 09-21-2019, 07:56 AM   #2
Bill_in_VA
User

Yes, but they still sell tobacco and ammo other than .223; proof that it’s virtue signaling and not about saving lives. Feckless.
John 8:32

reive (riːv) vb (Military) (intr) dialect Scot and Northern English to go on a plundering raid
[variant of reave]
ˈreiver n e.g., " Some view the Border Reivers as loveable rogues."
Bill_in_VA is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 5 members says Thank You to Bill_in_VA for your post:
Unread 09-21-2019, 09:15 AM   #3
DonVoigt
User

Thanked 4,347 Times in 2,038 Posts

Let's see- we "want" some "bans" but not others?

I'm not sure it is Walmart's job to save lives, they are a business and it is their mission to
make $$.

No one can please everyone- as demonstrated in just three posts here.

JMHO.
The following 4 members says Thank You to DonVoigt for your post:
Unread 09-22-2019, 10:05 AM   #4
mrerick
Super Moderator - Patron
LugerForum
Life Patron

Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,503 Posts

Ah... the "People of Walmart"... They even have a website... (post this under "General Discussions - Humor"...)

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

Some of the "Featured Creatures" are truly special. I somehow wish that this were not for international consumption, but though disgusting - it's real, it reflects truth and has absolutely nothing to do with Lugers.

What it does reflect on is the level of comfort people in the United States feel in public. When I teach self defense classes, I teach the levels of awareness.... Unaware, Aware, Alert, React. If it's possible to be oblivious to everyone around you and not really even care that would be a below zero level.

When dealing with self-defense, we know that attackers look for vulnerable people that are unaware of their surroundings. Somehow, I don't think banning products that are perceived as dangerous by the politically correct will have much impact in attacker's choice of victims.

So... returning to our Lugers, I'll have to buy my 9mm Luger ammo elsewhere in the future, or even make it myself. Not much of a loss for me. I'll probably be safer staying at home.
Unread 09-22-2019, 12:11 PM   #5
calibrator
User

In response to the above post ;

Yes, I have seen the pics of the "WalMartians" on many web articles, and they ARE truly stunning.

However, I think each WalMart is a microcosm of the community in which it is located. If the depicted poor lost souls reside in your community, it's only a matter of time until they are spotted in their hunting and gathering mode among the masses.

WM is NOT a magnet for this type of person, any more than it is a magnet for anyone looking for a convenient one-stop shopping experience at a reasonable price point. It IS a magnet for a violent car-jacker, or a drug crazed time-bomb is looking to score or lash-out, it's only logical they would choose a gun-free zone packed with sheeple like most WMs.

WM carries an unique stigma for some reason with SJWs, … WHY ??? How is it any different than Costco, or Sam's Club ???

IMHO, the hate for WM is virtue signaling being parroted by mindless followers of social media, that has been perpetuated for such a LONG time, it is now considered normal.

I'm in my local WM at least 1X a week. It is the closest full service shopping for the affluent neighborhoods of North Scottsdale ($$$), Carefree ($$$), Cave Creek ($$) and the cream of the North Phoenix development. I have YET to see any patrons that fit the stereotype. I see Cowboys/girls wearing spurs, MILFy Soccer Moms, Mexican Landscape Crews, Bikers, Boaters (Lake Pleasant and Bartlett are just down the road), Tight Gym Babes in spandex, Metrosexual Soy Boys, … etc.

I bought 5.56mm there last week, and saw more there yesterday. The associates told me there may be an issue with handgun ammo at some point. Also that it was unlikely an open-carrier would be asked to leave unless the store manager was asked to intervene. They felt that open carriers were foolish or just plain proud (I agree), and concealed meant just that.

If your local WM is scary , it's because your neighborhood in general is scary.
calibrator is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to calibrator for your post:
Unread 10-03-2019, 05:06 PM   #6
Zorba
User

How about a guy in a skirt?
Zorba is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to Zorba for your post:
Unread 10-03-2019, 05:43 PM   #7
DavidJayUden
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 1,414 Times in 887 Posts

"How about a guy in a skirt?"

Ho-hum. No big deal at Walmart...
dju
DavidJayUden is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to DavidJayUden for your post:
Unread 10-03-2019, 05:46 PM   #8
gunnertwo
User

What has been seen, cannot be unseen...

G2
gunnertwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2019, 06:03 PM   #9
beachbaker
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by calibrator View Post
In response to the above post ;

Yes, I have seen the pics of the "WalMartians" on many web articles, and they ARE truly stunning.

However, I think each WalMart is a microcosm of the community in which it is located. If the depicted poor lost souls reside in your community, it's only a matter of time until they are spotted in their hunting and gathering mode among the masses.

WM is NOT a magnet for this type of person, any more than it is a magnet for anyone looking for a convenient one-stop shopping experience at a reasonable price point. It IS a magnet for a violent car-jacker, or a drug crazed time-bomb is looking to score or lash-out, it's only logical they would choose a gun-free zone packed with sheeple like most WMs.

WM carries an unique stigma for some reason with SJWs, … WHY ??? How is it any different than Costco, or Sam's Club ???

IMHO, the hate for WM is virtue signaling being parroted by mindless followers of social media, that has been perpetuated for such a LONG time, it is now considered normal.

I'm in my local WM at least 1X a week. It is the closest full service shopping for the affluent neighborhoods of North Scottsdale ($$$), Carefree ($$$), Cave Creek ($$) and the cream of the North Phoenix development. I have YET to see any patrons that fit the stereotype. I see Cowboys/girls wearing spurs, MILFy Soccer Moms, Mexican Landscape Crews, Bikers, Boaters (Lake Pleasant and Bartlett are just down the road), Tight Gym Babes in spandex, Metrosexual Soy Boys, … etc.

I bought 5.56mm there last week, and saw more there yesterday. The associates told me there may be an issue with handgun ammo at some point. Also that it was unlikely an open-carrier would be asked to leave unless the store manager was asked to intervene. They felt that open carriers were foolish or just plain proud (I agree), and concealed meant just that.

If your local WM is scary , it's because your neighborhood in general is scary.
Very well said, as an owner of a business for over thirty years businesses make choices which are best for them. A few gun owners will not change this and should not change this. Curt
Unread 10-03-2019, 08:08 PM   #10
HerrKaiser
User

As for men in “skirts”...those are sometimes kilts, and there are many men who embody masculinity that wear them proudly. And they are quite comfortable from what I have heard.

Looking for Mauser S/42 toggle train #22
HerrKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2019, 08:24 PM   #11
Norme
Always A
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,591 Times in 930 Posts

Here are some men in skirts, they look proud to me.
Norm
Attached Images

Norme is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 members says Thank You to Norme for your post:
Unread 10-03-2019, 08:49 PM   #12
HerrKaiser
User

The one to the left of the queen seems to be prouder then the others...and certainly has much less shame than the others...

Looking for Mauser S/42 toggle train #22
HerrKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2019, 10:32 PM   #13
DavidJayUden
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 1,414 Times in 887 Posts

He actually seems to be enjoying a cool breeze...
dju
DavidJayUden is offline   Reply With Quote