LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Holster Forum

Unread 07-09-2014, 10:32 PM   #1
dalek
User

Default Meg-Gar issues

So, after I found out all my P08 needed to shoot without FTF was, well, be taken to the range and used, I decided to buy a new mag so I could save the original one. So, I bought a shiny Meg-Gar one (chrome? stainless?).

When I got it, I thought it looked very nice and sharp. But it would not go flush with the pistol. To do so I would have to push it up the last 3mm or so. I also found the only way for me to reliably feed it was to push it up so it would be flush. What should I do next?

Incidentally, I did email Meg-Gar a month ago about that but no reply.
dalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2014, 06:37 AM   #2
alanint
User

Thanked 1,916 Times in 1,192 Posts

This is a tough one since the fix would be to add, rather than remove material from the top of the magazine body's mag catch cut-out in this case.

If lock up is solid, it is not the magazine catch's spring. If you feel the investment worth it, you might purchase a new magazine release and see if it solves the problem. A mag release with slightly more material on the top of the catch would seat the magazine higher. G. T., our resident magazine expert may have more ideas.
alanint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2014, 05:04 PM   #3
rhuff
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Have you tried to shoot the Luger with the new Mec-Gar mag in place? Are you just trying to check it's functioning by manipulating the toggle train by hand? What ammo are you trying to cycle through your Luger?

Not only Lugers, but other autos as well, at times will not function 100% correctly with hand cycling. You might want to take you luger and new mag to the range and give it a try.
rhuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2017, 09:57 AM   #4
dalek
User

I know this is resurrecting an old thread but I thought I should update it. I got it to work. My solution was to put a bit of hot glue over the round piece on the bottom of the magazine to push it down a bit. Now magazine is in tension on the top by the magazine latch and on the bottom by the hot glue. On all the magazines I tried that, it worked. It also happens starting ejecting the magazine.
dalek is offline   Reply With Quote