LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 01-23-2002, 07:11 PM   #1
Wm. "Pete" Ebbink

Default Luger Bug...Off And Running...

Okay, well I did it...!

I contained my "newbie" luger fever for almost a month.

Today I have started my purchase towards one of Tom Heller's "new" Mauser-Interarms lugers, a 6", 9mm, swiss style, NIB. I know some of you don't consider these 1970's units as real lugers, but it made sense for my 1st. luger that I want to shoot alot. I thought there was good quality and a NIB hopefully will keep me out of the spare parts search for a few years. For some reason, the swiss-style "line" appealed to me more than the -08 profile...

I have also started some off-Forum discussions with Ralph Shattuck for my next luger, a real one that would have some collector value or at least some collector potential. I am planing to visit Ralph the week of 2-17-02. Once I get Ralph's pistol in my hands, I will post a photo on the Forum.

I appreciate all on the Forum who have helped me start understanding lugers.

My wife comments that she has never seem me immerse myself into anything so quickly and so seriously...her only concern is that I don't start wearing "cammo" clothing...I promised her that I won't...

Unread 01-23-2002, 07:23 PM   #2
Sam Buscemi

Default Re: Luger Bug...Off And Running...

Pete: Immensing yourself in our hobby and community is only the beginning if in fact you are a true aficionado. Welcome aboard.

Unread 01-23-2002, 10:57 PM   #3
Tracy

Just don't forget that you have a wife. Mine died last April a Luger can't make up for that. Might try to get her involved in your quest.

Unread 01-23-2002, 11:36 PM   #4
66mustang

Tracy, I am sorry to hear about your wife.

Very sound advice.

Nice to meet you.

Ed

Unread 01-24-2002, 01:08 AM   #5
Wm. "Pete" Ebbink

Tracy,

My wife actually got me into shooting over 10 years ago.

See is 5'-0", 110 #'s, and shots best with her .45 ACP Detonics Combat Master.

We shoot together 2-3 times per month.

Unread 01-24-2002, 06:50 AM   #6
Marvin
User

Pete,

Don't think the Interarms Lugers build by Mauser are not real Lugers; they are the real thing, just built years later after the war! These are very nice pistols and should have just as much care taken of them as a wartime Luger. Enjoy the new pistol, I know you will like it!

Marvin

Unread 01-24-2002, 05:55 PM   #7
Tracy

Great you could'nt ask for anything more. I have seen an awful lot of Gun Widows and guys wonder what had happened. I use to keep mine happy by geting her some Jewlery when I got my Guns. Seemed to work out pretty good still miss her tho.

Unread 01-26-2002, 01:36 PM   #8
dgp42
User

Pete, you'll have a great time collecting these most appealing of all handguns[ my opinion]. I have all types of semi-auto pistols. But, by far my favorites are my byf42's.On this forum we're always preaching to the choir and enjoyably so. WELCOME ABOARD. Much valuable info here and Luger fun.