LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Commercial Lugers

Unread 05-10-2009, 11:24 AM   #1
sivadet
New User

Default Walther mfg. American Eagle Luger

A few months ago, my wife took me on a beer crawl around Carson City--she drove, I crawled. When we got to my favorite pawnbroker's, I naturally had a look at the guns. Right on the top shelf was a Walther-stamped American Eagle Luger. It was in great condition--crisp checkering on the grips, bright bore, very good finish--and I decided to research it before making an offer. I can't find ANYTHING about Walther-made American Eagle Lugers.

By now, naturally, the gun is gone but it still bugs me. What can you guys tell me, if anything???

ed
sivadet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2009, 11:51 AM   #2
Ron Smith
User

Hi Ed,

Are you sure that you're not confusing Walther with Mauser? "Beer Goggles" can have an adverse affect in many ways.

Welcome to the forum.

Ron
I Still Need DWM side plate #49... if anyone runs across a nice one.

What ~Rudyard Kipling~ said...
Ron Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2009, 12:55 PM   #3
drbuster
User

Ron is correct, Walther never had a hand in the manufacture or marking of any P.08.
drbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2009, 03:49 PM   #4
sivadet
New User

Thanks for the welcome...

I went back and searched another forum to which I belong and found my old thread from January. Seems I did get the query answered: Walther made a line of Lugers in the '70's which was marketed by Interarms. I even found one on GunBroker. I don't know if this one would count as a "real" Luger or not, but it sure looked and felt real enough. (The board has had some changes and I couldn't find my stuff.)

As far as the Beer Goggles--the Beer Crawl involves buying a wristband and a special glass, walking two or three miles and visiting over a dozen stops where you are serves a couple of ounces of beer in your special glass. If the location has more than one kind of beer, you can have two more ounces of each kind. This whole process takes about two and a half hours. We know that, as a general rule, a 150# man can drink one beer per hour pratically forever and stay relatively sober, so I don't think a little over a quart of beer in nearly three hours will get a 250# beer-drinker with forty years experience so sloshed he can't tell the difference between Walther's "banner" logo and Mauser's "Lozenge". (This is where the smiley with the big grin should go...)

Anyway, information about the Interarms thing would be appreciated.

Thanks, ed
sivadet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2009, 06:23 PM   #5
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,502 Times in 2,077 Posts

Ed, not to disagree, but Walther never made a Luger; Mauser made them and they were sold by Interarms.

Ed
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2009, 06:44 PM   #6
sheepherder
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,440 Times in 2,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadet View Post
Seems I did get the query answered: Walther made a line of Lugers in the '70's which was marketed by Interarms. I even found one on GunBroker.
Did you save a pic??? Maybe someone made up a steel stamp and marked their commercial Luger as a Walther...Man! *That* would definitely be a $3500 Luger...
sheepherder is offline   Reply With Quote