LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Repairs, Restoration & Refinishing

Unread 03-01-2013, 10:10 PM   #121
CAP Black
User

Location: Fairmont, WV Right here in Mountaineer country and God's country

I know first hand that Eugene has accurately described the way he does his business. I ordered a carbine in March of 2012 and he said close to a year; he would try for less but no way to promise. I e-mailed him a few times and he responded; a few times he didn't. I always communicated with respect and was not hounding him to speed up. I communicated in early December on status. About the 9th or 10th we touched base. He learned I was traveling there to get it when finished. I was able to pick it up on the 19th, I think. A gorgeous pistol. No hassles, no snide remarks, just calm business between two gentlemen. Pictures are on another thread.
sincerely,
Jack
CAP Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 10:48 PM   #122
LugerMan.com
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWaali View Post
It sounds like an assistant just to answer phone, emails, and manage small parts could cut the time in half AND do miracles in rebuilding your reputation and customer satisfaction. There are a lot of people that will work for trade for good gunsmithing services or restoration. The art of good restoration cannot be/should not be lost.. maybe an apprentice that starts by office work?

Just sayin.. I am disabled and on a fixed income but trade minor gun work and computer/network repair for labor to maintain my property and cars.

My son is starting to help me out with it, he is in collage and spares about 10-15 hours a week as well.

The problem with emails and phone calls, everyone wants an expert help on the phone and preferably for free ;0)

Not everyone will talk to the assistant,

But we are working on the expansion, and hoping to move this forward to lift it of the hobby ground in to more reliable operation.

And if i get a talented and dedicated manager , customer experiences will improve, I am just not a peoples person per say.. more of the gun person ;0) the older the better.

Same goes for people strangely, old school people just have more patience for the art.
Unread 03-01-2013, 10:53 PM   #123
LugerMan.com
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Tinker View Post
Eugene, the issues I hear are that you ignore people until they threaten legal action; that you say you have a part, and then take months to supply a part?

WTH? If you want a good reputation; then follow through and keep your customers happy.

I would gladly sell some lugers to come up with a workable, shooting 45 luger - that I actually thought I would get within 5 or 6 months.

Tell me why it takes a year to year and a half to make a carbine? Please, explain it to me?
When you collect all you patience in one hand/hart, let me know I will start a carbine project on favorable terms for you.

Just pic a bitter luger you do not mind been cut up and send it to me. No money up front, sit on your hands for 12 month and pay up when the pictures show up at your door/PC. No big loss, specially because no one else will do it for you.

Oh. i take that back, I will take your book as a down payment.
Unread 03-01-2013, 11:38 PM   #124
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,500 Times in 2,076 Posts

Eugene, I may take you up on that

I think you are an honest man, and you stated it plainly, you aren't a people person, you aren't a phone guy. Welcome to the club I get told all the time by folks, here's my number, CALL ME!!

no thanks, I hate talking on the phone - but being a computer guy - I don't mind that - its easy and I can answer whenever

I tried to get my son involved in a biz, it worked ok, he is a great guy, but doesn't want to devote time like me - wants to spend time with his girl friend?

Ed
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 02:35 AM   #125
skeeter4206
User

Having a .45 version of a luger, personally I think a navy style luger would be ideal for that project. having that little bit longer barrel, but not too long. The style sights that are on a navy luger. That would be a nice one to have in a collection. What you think Ed?
skeeter4206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 12:25 PM   #126
LugerMan.com
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter4206 View Post
Having a .45 version of a luger, personally I think a navy style luger would be ideal for that project. having that little bit longer barrel, but not too long. The style sights that are on a navy luger. That would be a nice one to have in a collection. What you think Ed?
I agree on a 4.75-5 inch barrel for a 45 luger for looks of the gun.
But been a life long carry permit owner I like smaller guns for carry.

So if i attempts 45 Luger development I will try 3.5 inch barrels with Baby Frames as well. maybe 5 rounds 1/2 inch shorter or something like that.

Time will tell.
Unread 03-04-2013, 10:20 PM   #127
CAP Black
User

Location: Fairmont, WV Right here in Mountaineer country and God's country

I think a .45 calls for a larger, more substantial frame for the power involved. I don't like the thought of a twinky type pistol for a big cartridge.
Jack
CAP Black is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to CAP Black for your post:
Unread 05-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #128
Ken41
New User

After reading all of the comments about Eugene, and his replies, I sent him a C96 for a barrel reline back to 7.63, bolt stop repair, and restoration.

I think that Eugene is a true Craftsman, and loves working on Lugers and Mausers. I am looking forward to getting the C96 back when it is completed.

Ken
Clarksville, PA
Ken41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 10:22 PM   #129
Savidio44
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Default Lugerman

I had real good luck with him. Did a great job, in the timeframe he promised. He took a pile of parts and turned it into a beautiful Luger. Great shooter too! I would use him again without question.
Savidio44 is offline   Reply With Quote