LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 08-31-2005, 03:52 PM   #1
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Default My first PP RIG...

Well - to be honest - it's my first PP or PPK, but let's not go telling everyone, OK? Anyway - some of the details are:

SN: 355002P, which I believe, puts it about 1944 manufacture. Blue is 98% with very minimal wear by the end of the slide where it sat in the holster for years. The one "issue" it has, is that the right grip (top/forward) is broken. As well - I'm trying to deciper the holster maker, which is difficult given the nap of the leather, but the WaAmpt proof is clearly evident (see pics below). Bore is excellent.

I bought this a few days ago - when buying something else, and had some trade value left after selling a couple of newer production 1911s. After the smoke cleared - I paid about $400 for this RIG (I hope I did right?) - but it was purchased from the son of the VET who brought it back.

Anyway....

Left Side:

Right Side:

Right Side detail:

Left Side Proof(s):

Holster:

Holster Markings. Notice the maker stamp at the top of the flap - I think the last 2 digits are "44"? Also - I have no idea what the ink stains are from..:

Back side of holster:
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2005, 06:03 PM   #2
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,506 Times in 2,080 Posts

Nice looking rig.

Did you get me a story John?

Sure have a lot of vets that come into your shop you frequent All those New Hampshire guys volunteered to fight the bad guys?

ed
Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2005, 06:16 PM   #3
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Quote:
Originally posted by Edward Tinker
Nice looking rig.

Did you get me a story John? ...
Nope - don't I wish, though... His son was selling both his Dad's bring back, and one that had been given to his Dad by his father, who was in at the end of WW1 and enlisted through 1920. More on that RIG later (or - if I can afford it. I may be selling my Remington Model 12-c for it, but haven't decided??...) - but that RIG isn't this RIG...

Anyway - I think I have the holster manufacturer figured out: HSU - Gebr. Sparfeld, Leipzig, Sachsen: (Sauer & Sohn) - "44"

I also posted this on my P 38 & PP-PPK Forum, and someone offered me $750? Heck - I just got it!! And I'm keeping it!!!

John D.
(BTW - with this many posts in a single day from me - can you tell it's my Sunday???
Unread 08-31-2005, 06:39 PM   #4
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Quote:
Originally posted by Edward Tinker
....Sure have a lot of vets that come into your shop you frequent ......

Ok - "frequent" would be appropriate... About 45 hours a week is "frequent"... It's my third full-time job, but I love it (I'm one of the Managers). And with over 40,000 new and used firearms in stock - it's pretty BIG..!!! And on any day - you never know what "will walk in"....

John D.