LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Holster Forum

Unread 11-25-2020, 12:14 PM   #1
Retired Guy
New User

Default Holster Identification

I have a 1935 Carl Heinchen holster marked made in Dresden that is dark brown in color. The holster is in good condition with some loose stitching in a couple of places but still solid, 1st I have been told this a rare holster which leads to my 2nd question should I have the loose places re stitchedor would re stitching hurt the value of the holster ?
Retired Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2020, 01:07 PM   #2
Norme
Always A
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,590 Times in 930 Posts

Hi Jonathan,
There is a big difference in value between a 1935 Army holster and a 1935 Police holster. If you post pictures we can tell you what you have. Either way it's probably a good idea to have that stitching redone before it unravels further. Forum member Jerry Burney, who specializes in Luger leather repairs, can restitch yours indistinguishable from original.
Norm
Norme is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 3 members says Thank You to Norme for your post:
Unread 11-25-2020, 06:40 PM   #3
MP38
User

To my knowledge, Carl Heinichen didn't make police holsters. If anyone has one, please post photos, as I've never seen one.
So I'm going to guess it's a military "WaA142" holster.

Nothing really rare about it. It's a very common well known maker. The date is early, and the 1935 date is considered the "rarest date" for luger holsters. However, that just means it's the least produced date. That doesn't necessarily make it "rare" IMHO.

As for the stitching, it depends on how good/bad it is? Photos would help out a lot.
If it's not bad, I'd personally leave it alone. If it's about to fall apart, then yes, definitely send it to Jerry to have it properly repaired.

Matt
MP38 is offline   Reply With Quote