LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Unread 01-16-2024, 12:40 PM   #1
Mmarshal
New User

Default Technical Info parts and disassembly

As a new member with a new to me S 42 1937 I have been learning disassembly, parts, cleaning and reassembly, doing this I discovered the photos and the parts names list do not match for example numbers 20 and 26 trigger and holdopen assembly. FYI only as I look to find another source of photos and parts names.
Mmarshal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2024, 06:01 PM   #2
velodog455~
User

I have a 2nd variant 1937 S42. 1937 P.08's are interesting because that was the year that they eliminated strawing of small parts and dropped rust bluing in favor of salt bluing. Early 1937's with straw and rust blue are referred to as 1937 1st variants while later variants within the year with no straw and salt bluing are referred to as 2nd variants.

Don't get too hung up on part numbers. Instead, look at the full serial number as it appears on the front of the frame (with letter suffix, if present), and as long as all the numbered parts on your pistol have the same last two digits of the serial number then you are golden. The main thing here is to know ALL of the parts of a P.08 that are generally numbered.

If you find different numbers then you have a mismatched P.08 Numbers associated with parts numbers (as in a parts drawing) in general have nothing to do with matching serial numbers. l hope this helps.

-Bob
velodog455~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2024, 08:35 PM   #3
Mac Cat
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

I think the AmericanRifleman.com website has a better parts breakdown.

The P.08 parts diagram in the Technical Information do not match the numbered parts in the "Component Parts of Model 1908" on this web site.

Numrich has one, too.
Mac Cat is offline   Reply With Quote