LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Announcements & Help > Site Technical Help or Site Feedback

Unread 10-31-2004, 03:37 PM   #1
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Post Vacation.......

Jen and I just got back - and I'm trying to get caught up on my PMs and e-mail from the last week. If you sent me a PM from any of my sites in the last 10 days - hang on a bit, as I hope to get caught up over the next few days.......

As well - a couple of comments....................... OK - maybe more then a couple....

First - THANK YOU... All of you.... I tried to log in once a day, just to check the status of the servers and circuits and be certain everything was on-line. On an AOL dial-up @ 19K - it wasn't the easiest thing to do, as AOLHell wanted to be sure I read their silly pop-up ads before I could get a connection. BUT - for that - this Forum was simply outstanding... Please know how much it was - and is - appreciated....

Second - a huge "Thank you" to Ed T., John S. and the Moderators for their selfless assistance with a couple of threads over the last week or so. Their support is more appreciated then many realize....

Third - Avatars.... If your AVATAR is not showing, try this.... Open "my profile" and if your AVATAR web location has a bunch of numbers - replace those numbers with:
http://www.lugerforum.com/

Fourth - I need your help..... If YOU HAVE "LUGERFORUM PATRON" in your title when you post - please e-mail me or PM me your snail mail address (for the US Postal Service) as I want to send you something in appreciation. Or - for three of you (you know who you are - who didn't want the title in your posts, but donated anyway - yes, you folks too please send me your mailing address.)

What is a "Lugerforum Patron"?

In short - they are the folks from around the world who have gone out of their way to defray the monthly expenses of this site - or given without any expectation of anything in return. They have sent donations, PayPaled funds and sent checks over the past 5 years to defray the on-going costs of this site - and their support is more appreciated then many realize..... Or, they just went out of their way to help in some special way.

So - for those folks who have that title, out of the 2500+ site Users - you are special, I just want to say "thank you" - and build upon what this site is all about. Rather then banner ads popping up all over and SPAMMING your e-mail with "paid advertisements" - these "Patrons" are the folks, along with Jen and myself - who pay for this Forum each and everyday. You folks - as I write this - are now "LifeTime Lugerforum Members", and will have some closed areas and features to enjoy over the next few weeks as I bring them on-line.

Jen's and my sincerest thanks for your patience and support. You have no idea how appreciated it is - or maybe - a few of you do....

John
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2004, 03:53 PM   #2
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,500 Times in 2,076 Posts
Good to have you back, didn't know you left!!!!

eduardo
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2004, 09:22 AM   #3
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Yeah Ed, ...and I don't even remember getting the vacation request notification do you?

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote