LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Gun Show Announcements & Discussion

Unread 07-26-2005, 02:52 PM   #1
Navy
RIP

Default Chantilly Show

All,

Will be at the Chantilly Show Fri-Sunday. Sharing a table with Keoki as usual. We are on the front wall, about 3 tables down from the ATM. Will have some nice Lugers FS as well as a variety of holsters and miscellaneous goodies.

Stop by and say hello; You might even consider buying something, as we are not running a museum.

Tom A.
Navy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2005, 10:02 PM   #2
drbuster
User

Why couldn't you guys also come to the Reno show, I would love to see your stuff! Maybe even buy something as I don't run a museum either.
drbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2005, 12:02 AM   #3
Lyn Islaub
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Not a bad idea Tom.
You and George should venture west for one of the Reno/Las Vegas/Phoenix shows. We could use an infusion of goodies to pick from out here. I worked the Phoenix show this weekend the only Lugers for sale across all 900 tables, were on Wally Morishige's. Go west young man, we need more selection out here.
Lyn
Lyn Islaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2005, 07:37 AM   #4
Navy
RIP

In conjunction with the acquisition of a "Luger of Legendary Status", I plan on attending the Tulsa show later this year. But if I got to someplace like Reno or Lost Wages, there is no telling what might happen to a country bumpkin like me. I am told that there is gam'lin', whiskey and nekkid ladies out there, just lookin' to take my little bit of money.

Tom A.
Unread 07-27-2005, 03:22 PM   #5
Lyn Islaub
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

There'll be gam'lin, whiskey and wanton wimen that'll be looking to take advantage of you. With a benefit structure like that, what's keepin you from droppin by for a few days? Put a new battery in George's pacemaker and bring him too.
Lyn
Lyn Islaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2005, 05:11 PM   #6
George Anderson
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,527 Times in 786 Posts

George aint got no pace maker. He carries a can of Black Flag and preinspects all the women and any meat that may be consumed. Tom sources colored liquor and parking spaces. George's third cousin, a former nun, holds the money.
George Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2005, 07:19 PM   #7
drbuster
User

Hey Chantilly guys, will someone let us left coasters know what goodies showed up at the show?
drbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2005, 10:57 PM   #8
George Anderson
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,527 Times in 786 Posts

This is all I can offer at this time.

I picked up a nice 1914 commercial and Tom Armstrong went over to the "dark side" and not only bought an FN but also an early Colt auto. The Colt is gold-plated, but its other attributes had a number of grown men standing about slack jawed.

I'll leave the rest of the story to Mr Armstrong.
George Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2005, 09:26 AM   #9
Navy
RIP

Thanks, Keoki.

The Colt is a model 1905; it was formerly the property of the late King Farouk of Egypt.

It seems that the late king had a certain interest, shall we say, in matters carnal.

This pistol is very delicately engraved in late 19th century continental floral style with many scenes from classical mythology interspersed among the floral pattern. The scenes depict people engaged in "activities" that interested the late king. It is stocked with old mellow ivory grips and has a good deal of Egyptian cartouches along the frame rail. I will obviously have to either find an Egyptian or a book that translates the cartouches to be able to figure out what they mean. The meaning of the rest of the engraving is unmistakable.

The piece is truly beautiful and at a distance of 12" or so, the *interesting* features are not discernable. I am contemplating a coffee table style book on this gun but fear that it will have to be distributed through adult book stores and, of course, the Clinton Presidential Library.

Also picked up a 1920's Pacific Arms 10" artillery, a DWM police full rig with 2 matching mags, holster and tool, ALL serial numbered to the gun (NOTE TO ED TINKER:You need to buy this.) A Weimar navy that started out as a DWM Artillery, a Navy stock and an exqusite fully engraved and stocked Browning M1905, probably the prettiest gun I have ever owned.

I will be attempting to photograph the King Farouk gun, but for obvious reasons, will not post them. I will send copies to interested parties on a "As time permits" basis.

All in all, a slow, hot and not very productive show from a sales perspective, but several very good buying opportunities.

Tom A.
Unread 08-01-2005, 10:52 AM   #10
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,487 Times in 2,071 Posts

Quote:
1920's Pacific Arms 10" artillery, a DWM police full rig with 2 matching mags, holster and tool:
Tom, I would be interested??

So, not really an arty for the weimar, but a Pacific made after the war? when did pacific sell guns? 1930's-1950's??

Pictures, send them to me, I enjoy posting them for you

Ed
Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote