LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Gun Show Announcements & Discussion

Unread 03-08-2014, 04:46 PM   #1
ChrisLL
User

Default 2014 Gun Shows in VT (so far)

So, there are not a lot of gun shows here, not sure why but I attended two this year:

www.greenmtgunshowtrail.com - Gun show in South Burlington in January. As we got out of the car I remember thinking "that's a really small building for a gun show". Turns out it was a very small gun show. I was disappointed, not many vendors/tables and many of those looked like a flea market. Not much ammo at all, what little there was way overpriced. There was one vendor that had some interesting guns but those were black powder, not in the market for one now. Other than that, not much at all ... I have to wonder though, when did the old Savage 99 lever action get so popular again - there must have been 100 of those (really). I can't remember exactly how much to get in, I think it was $8 or $9 - not worth it, won't be going back. For that kind of money it should take more than 5 minutes to work your way around ... so I went around twice - still nothing. The LGS has more variety and better prices. I imagine it helped them out, even though they did not bother to attend.

The other was the Central Vermont Gun Show in Barre, VT. It is hosted by the Barre Fish and Game club of Vermont. Very different, not quite like a big city gun show, but two floors worth of vendors and they actually seemed interested in selling guns. One of the shops had I would guess 10 or 12 tables and had a constant line of 3 or 4 people filling out paperwork and making purchases. Although I did not buy anything, they were making some decent deals with significant cuts off of prices that were not too bad to begin with. A couple table of flea market stuff, but overall a pretty good show, interesting guns, prices, etc. - for sure worth the $7 (if I remember correctly). For sure would go next year, especially if I was interested in actually buying something.

I think there are others, but it looks like it's warming up soon (hopefully) so I will probably be shooting or something else rather than attending Gun Shows.

If anyone knows of any other GOOD gun shows in VT though I would be interested in hearing about them.

Chris
ChrisLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2014, 07:57 PM   #2
lew1
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Tulsa is 4,000 + tables.

NGD/SOS (two separate shows in the same building) - around 4,000 or so tables.

At NGD/SOS, the guy next to me was from CT. A friend came from Miami. Saw a license plate in the parking lot -- NH.Talked to two guys who came from Germany.

The above are not in VT, but considering he size they are well worth the trip.
Unread 03-08-2014, 09:44 PM   #3
ChrisLL
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lew1 View Post
Tulsa is 4,000 + tables.

NGD/SOS (two separate shows in the same building) - around 4,000 or so tables.

At NGD/SOS, the guy next to me was from CT. A friend came from Miami. Saw a license plate in the parking lot -- NH.Talked to two guys who came from Germany.

The above are not in VT, but considering he size they are well worth the trip.
Yes, a different world for sure. Might be worth a trip at some point, at least once.
ChrisLL is offline   Reply With Quote