LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Gun Show Announcements & Discussion

Unread 08-06-2011, 11:29 AM   #21
WG dog
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Wow does that look like fun and a great bunch of guns and geezers! One of these days, maybe....

I might fit right in on the geezer shooting line.
WG dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 09:36 PM   #22
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,581 Times in 989 Posts
Default Only geezer I see.....

Only geezer I see is Ron Wood......... And, I might be one of the very few that might get away with a statement like that, as he knows I'm at the very top of his fan club.......... But then again, I might not get away with it... ... Time'll'tell.... best...to all, till....lat'r....GT
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 10:33 PM   #23
hgreer2
Banned

At what age do you become a geezer, I think it's a state of mind. I Don't feel like a geezer, but I'm not sure my kids and grandkids agree with me ......

Harry
hgreer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2011, 05:40 PM   #24
WG dog
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Well shoot, it was intended as a friendly and humorous jest, not an insult or fighting words.

Plainly, should not have posted anything, or posted that it looked like fun and a great bunch of guns and young shooters.
Unread 08-07-2011, 08:49 PM   #25
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,500 Times in 2,076 Posts

Gene, both of the guys above would not take offense to the word geezer. I sure didn't and if someone does, tell them they are an old fart and they can yell at me

Harry is an old geezer and after working things out (read me being too picky), we get along fine, GT, he isn't as old of a geezer as me, but close, but i'm not as old of a geezer as Ron Wood, but he might take offense to me saying it, so I will say I was quoting GT.

You don't post enough, so do more of it, just put og and we'll all know that you are calling ME an old geezer and thats fine.

Ed
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2011, 09:05 PM   #26
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,088 Times in 1,674 Posts

I am sure many of you remember the show "McGyver" where the lead character could build a light aircraft with a Swiss army knife and soda straws. I am kind of the neighborhood handyman and have to come up with a lot of make do solutions, so I am frequently referred to as "McGeezer". I am not offended by the term geezer, and I intend to remain one for a good many years.
Unread 08-07-2011, 10:26 PM   #27
hgreer2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Tinker View Post
Gene, both of the guys above would not take offense to the word geezer. I sure didn't and if someone does, tell them they are an old fart and they can yell at me

Harry is an old geezer and after working things out (read me being too picky), we get along fine, GT, he isn't as old of a geezer as me, but close, but i'm not as old of a geezer as Ron Wood, but he might take offense to me saying it, so I will say I was quoting GT.

You don't post enough, so do more of it, just put og and we'll all know that you are calling ME an old geezer and thats fine.

Ed
I do not take myself seriously, I try to not take life to seriously, hard these days I know. My good buddy kitkat and I talk everyday, I'm in Oklahoma and he is in California, we laugh all the time and kid each other and every chance we get. I can't imagine life without humor and good friends !!
I prefer old coot.....

Harry
hgreer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 01:17 AM   #28
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,500 Times in 2,076 Posts

my grandfather hated being called 'old coot'

You can imagine what he was called when we all went hunting or camping
Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 08:32 PM   #29
WG dog
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanks for the kind word, Ed. Was wondering if I'd stepped on the antitank mine of the Lugerform by use of the word geezer.

Got an author/books recommendation for any old geezer like me that likes to read. Phillip Kerr and the Bernie Gunther novels. Have read the most recent four, but haven't found the first three novels yet. IIRC, the main character is a soldier in WW I, a policeman/detective in Weimar Germany and the 1930s, a private detective, and gets dragged into the SS.

The Gunther character is a fairly decent guy trying to do the right thing in hellish times. Very well written books with lots of interesting detail about the history. One novel is the only book I can recall where a Bergmann MP 18 is used. Another novel has the best account I can recall reading of a dispute settled between a man armed with a Luger and a man armed with a P-38. Lots of good characters, fictional and real. Usually each book has at least one place with something really surprising. Good books.

http://berniegunther.com