LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Gun Show Announcements & Discussion

Unread 12-02-2013, 10:42 AM   #1
RMF
User

Default Antique Arms Show in Las Vegas

Does anyone know if any of the major Luger dealers will be at the upcoming Antique Arms show in January? I'm heading to the SHOT show in early Jan. and since the Arms show is the same week I thought I head over there to look for a Luger to add to my collection. Thanks
RMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2013, 12:51 PM   #2
rhinemann
User

Hi RMF
I have seen Simpsons there the last several years. I'm going wouldn't miss it for anything. Always lots of eye candy, just have to know what you are looking at and with any luck you might find a diamond in the rough. Last year I found a nice G Luger rig at a bargain.

Regards,
Jeffrey
rhinemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2013, 03:34 PM   #3
RMF
User

Thanks rhineman. Looking forward to seeing Simpson's table. Since you brought it up I do recall seeing them there last year as well as another Luger dealer from my area (WA /OR state).

See you at the show!
Unread 12-02-2013, 07:14 PM   #4
Maestro
User

Thumbs up Las Vegas January 17 - January 19, 2014

Antique Arms Show
http://www.antiquearmsshow.com/

SHOT Show
http://www.shotshow.org/
Maestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2013, 07:37 AM   #5
mystical_tutor
User

Now that looks like the kind of show I should take my stuff to. Seems like the only people I'v met here are tire kickers.

Not the best of times to be driving over there though, and I have to leave for Korea a couple days later.... still, would be a cool show to go to.

Thanks for posting that.

Gary
mystical_tutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #6
Ben M.
User

list of table owners

http://www.antiquearmsshow.com/exhib....cfm?eventid=4
Ben M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2013, 11:56 PM   #7
Russ
User

I am thinking about going to this show. I need to get away from the shops.
Unread 12-16-2013, 06:03 PM   #8
Vlim
Lifetime
LugerForum Patron

Thanked 3,867 Times in 1,184 Posts

One of our Dutch collectors, also one of only 2 female gun collectors in Holland will make the trip to Las Vegas and will probably visit both the Antique Arms Show as well as the Shot Show.

I would appreciate it if the attendees from our forum would help her around as much as possible. She intended to take the trip with a collecting friend who sadly passed away a few weeks ago, so it will be a special trip because of the loss of that close friend and Dutch collecting legend.
Vlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #9
Maestro
User

Wallace Beinfeld sadly passed away.

Quote:
Dear Friends,

It is with great sorrow I need to inform you of the passing of an icon in the gun world. Wallace Beinfeld passed away peacefully at the age of 84. His battle with Alzheimer's for the past two years ended Friday, May 10, 2013.

Wally produced the Las Vegas Antique Arms Show for 51 years. Many of you have been with him for most of the journey. You have seen the show grow in size and merchandise, from antique and collectibles to sporting arms and custom knives. You were there in the early days of the Sahara, to the great tent show, the Riviera, Mandalay Bay, and back to the Riviera. While there were other short term stops, Wally was always thinking of ways to better position the show for his exhibitors. Wally appreciated your support in building the highest quality historical firearms show in the country.

Paul and I have assumed the responsibility of the daily operations and management of the show. Working with Wally for the past fifteen years, we are honored to continue his legacy. This was Wally's passion! We will miss his guidance, but always cherish the opportunity he has provided.

Paul and I want all of you to know that we are available for you.
Paul's cell: 951-970-9669
Karen's cell: 951-970-4349
Fax: 951-698-7557
Email: beinfeldproductions@gmail.com

Greg Roberts, one of the owners of the Las Vegas Antique Arms Show, says "In true Wally fashion the show will go on. We are planning on having the best show ever in January. In addition my partners and I have all the faith in Karen and Paul to continue Wally's legacy. They have the company's full support and we look forward to the next 50 years."

If you have not made your plans to attend the January 2014 show and would like to, please contact me or Paul. We look forward to seeing you.

We will miss Wally so very much; his stories, jokes, and his unique ability to break things. Wally's legacy of the finest gun shows will live on in his honor.

Be sure to be at the January 2014 show.

Sincerely,

Karen Balfour
Attached Images

Unread 12-18-2013, 12:30 PM   #10
Maestro
User

this will be my 1st time going to this show, does anyone with prior experience have any words of wisdom?!! e.g., be there Friday vs. Saturday, Early vs. Late.. or it doesn't really matter! One day is enough or the whole 3 days? etc.. thank you, Darius.
Unread 12-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #11
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,095 Times in 1,425 Posts

I have never been to this one but Ellie reserved a room at the Ririera for Fri & Sat.

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #12
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,088 Times in 1,674 Posts

I will be there and my group of pals from Albuquerque and Raton are also attending. So New Mexico tall tales and outright lies may be encountered.
Unread 12-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #13
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Ron, Excellent! We are looking forward to it! Do you have any info on a Forum dinner? When or where?
Jerry

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

719 207-3331 (cell)

Unread 12-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #14
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso

Not yet. Someone else, perhaps Pete Ebbink, may be organizing a gathering. If I hear of anything I will post it.
Unread 01-14-2014, 07:46 PM   #15
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Finally got a response from the Riviera and have reservations at the Steak and Seafood Restaurant for 15 people at 6:30 PM Saturday 18 January. I am sure they are flexible enough to accommodate a few more if we exceed that number.
So far I have the following folks indicate that they are interested in getting together for dinner:
Jerry & Ellie Burney
Pat McNeil & wife
Jeffrey (rhinemann) & wife
Tim Hawkins
And the New Mexico group
Ron Wood
John Eckert
Warren Buxton
Bob Adams
Dave & Jan Witkowski

Last edited by Ron Wood; 01-14-2014 at 10:35 PM.
Ron Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2014, 11:54 AM   #16
Pistole+Parabellum
User

Riviera is such a disappointment. I can hear right through the walls next door, the elevator chime, noise outside the window, and to think my room is their suite for $125/night with all the fees.
Pistole+Parabellum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2014, 09:20 PM   #17
RMF
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistole+Parabellum View Post

Riviera is such a disappointment. I can hear right through the walls next door, the elevator chime, noise outside the window, and to think my room is their suite for $125/night with all the fees.
Yeah, I assumed that the rooms would be like that so I stayed at the Palazzo all week (since I was there for SHOT). I went to the Arms show first thing Friday morning and stayed until mid afternoon when I had to get to the airport to catch my plane home; I really didn't have enough time to go through each table as I would have liked. Great show overall with a lots of amazing firearms for sale. I also met a number of very interesting people as well. Next year I'll plan to spend more time at the Arms show vs SHOT.
Unread 01-18-2014, 10:50 PM   #18
Pistole+Parabellum
User

They changed my room for tonight and it's a lot more like the room I booked originally. Lots and lots to see. Prices close to retail. No rare birds on my watch, except auction houses. Many knife dealers as well.
Pistole+Parabellum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2014, 12:06 PM   #19
RMF
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistole+Parabellum View Post
They changed my room for tonight and it's a lot more like the room I booked originally. Lots and lots to see. Prices close to retail. No rare birds on my watch, except auction houses. Many knife dealers as well.
Good to hear the hotel fixed you up!. Sent you a PM to see if you can get a dealers contact info for me... I anyone else is going to the show today can you please drop me a PM as I have a favor to ask.
Thanks
Unread 01-19-2014, 09:39 PM   #20
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Just got back from the show! Had a wonderful time!! Saw and got to meet some great people..Many Forum guys. Had an absolutely wonderful Forum dinner thanks to the efforts of Ron Wood..After a late start and a bump in the road so to speak we spent a couple of very enjoyable hours breaking bread and conversing. The highlight of the trip for sure. The show was very interesting to be sure but I went to meet and mingle..it merged into a great trip.
I have to say I will NEVER stay at the riviera again. The place has been used hard and put away wet. Used up, dirty, dingy, I have been at La Quinta Motels that made the Rivera seem like a dirty strip mall flophouse. It is typical of all of the convention hotels I have stayed in..EVERTHING is an effort to squeeze every last nickle from you. NOTHING is complimentary. Clerks are rude..The only employee that was a joy was the bellhop. He was 63 years old and had worked at the Rivera 40 years!

I would go back to the steak house at the Riviera..the food was very good I have to say. The service ended up to be good.

I want to thank Ron Wood for putting it all together. It was GREAT of him to go to all that effort for the Forum Members that were able to get together for dinner. A good time was had by all! Thanks Ron!

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

719 207-3331 (cell)