LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Gun Show Announcements & Discussion

Unread 10-14-2010, 02:00 PM   #1
paid4c4
User

Default National Gun Day Oct 16&17

National Gun Day Gun Show will be held at the Exposion Fair Grounds in Louisville, KY. Gate opens at 0900 both days.
Should be a good show.
Bill
paid4c4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to paid4c4 for your post:
Unread 10-15-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
thegundude
User

As I was passing through Louisville yesterday I heard an advertisment for the show. It did sound like a great show in the making. There's supposed to be entertainment and Ron Paul is supposed to be there for a short period of time too.

I was actually planning on going to that show (and might still) but when I got back to
Asheville I heard that there's also going to be one here at the Ag Center. Either way, it's going to be a Gun Weekend!!

~Steve
thegundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2010, 02:42 PM   #3
paid4c4
User

Since there is a military show connected to the gun show there will be 3000+ vendors and a lot of private sales. There is at least one large Luger only or almost only dealer and several more who specialize in Lugers and supporting equipment. I won't make any comment about Paul other than to say I hope I'm gone before he speaks and passes out the Kool Aid!
Bill
Unread 10-15-2010, 09:42 PM   #4
lew1
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

While it is a big show, there sre not 3000 tables in the show.

Perhaps 1500 tables which would not mean 1500 vendors as some have more than one table. I have 2 tables. The guy on one side has 2 tables. The guy on the other side has 5 tables. (And so on)
Unread 10-16-2010, 04:37 PM   #5
paid4c4
User

Well Charlie you're absolutely correct on this one, kind of a small show and not a lot of people. I guess the economy is catching up even with guns and gun shows. I did see some dealers who were busy, who were selling mostly modern day guns like S&W, Sigs, Glocks. There was one discount dealer who actually had a line waiting to check out. The buy of the show was Russian rifles with sling, bayo, and oiler for 90 dollars. These were among the best looking Russians I've seen in a long time. They were in crates with a lot of cosmo but nice condition with excellent stocks.
Bill
Unread 10-16-2010, 07:39 PM   #6
lew1
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

It was slow. Plus the prices were high - I saw a second alphbet Radom - B prefix - phosphate - 623 on trigger guard. I would have loved to have it but I thought $5,500 was a tad bit high.
Unread 10-17-2010, 07:57 PM   #7
thegundude
User

I was at the Asheville show today. I met a guy who is also a member here, though a reader more than a contributor. Anyway, he had some really sweet Lugers for sale. Several AEs, one looks as though it may have been a test Luger (fat bbl). Of the guns he had there were none that I was either interested in or could afford. I'd love to have picked up one of the Eagles...

The rest of the show was decent. I was only there for some more ammo cans and I picked up six for $40. Good traffic for our area. Lots of vendors. Lots of people I knew were there. One of the most enjoyable ways to spend a Sunday imaginable.

~Steve
thegundude is offline   Reply With Quote