LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Gun Show Announcements & Discussion

Unread 04-13-2003, 01:50 AM   #1
Herb
User

Post Utah-Crossroads of the west show

What a disappointment! I should have learned from the last show I went to there, July of last year. A lot of Chinese made native indian stuff, knives and swords from Pakastan, beef jerky and just plain junk. Saw about 10 Lugers, seriously mismatched shooters for $800 to a totaly matching 1937 S.42, including magazine, for $1795 supposedly brought back from Germany by his father after WWII. A 500 mile trip (rt) just for a 1 hour and 15 minute walk thru. I don't recommend this show for anyone wanting to find a deal on a Luger.
Unread 04-14-2003, 12:42 PM   #2
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva"> Opportunities are not lost, someone will take the ones you passed up. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Sorry about your misfortune Herb... guess you should have let someone else take that opportunity... Bet you do next year!

Those types of gunshows are such a great disappointment.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2003, 01:24 PM   #3
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,487 Times in 2,071 Posts
Herb, this is "our" problem with living out in the boonies! The gun shows are small, if I want to see a large gunshow, I have to travel to Spokane or even better Portland or Seattle, and of course the jerky, trinkets and such are the norm...
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2003, 04:09 PM   #4
Herb
User

Ed, I had the good fortune to combine a trip to CA to visit the kids and grandkids with the Big Reno show last August. That show is absolutely awesome. As I recall there was over an acre and a half of vendors there. The wife and I spent two days looking at things and still did not get to see it all. Lots of the usual non-gun stuff but tons of guns too. Lots of lugers and parts and of course Ralph had the $1 million dollar .45 cal carbine there, a real thing of beauty, was something special to hold it. That one is a 1200 mile round trip and three overnighters but I was amazed at the size of it. I missed the one in March this year but just might make the next one, but that depends on how many Lugers I buy before then.