LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Unread 08-30-2023, 12:47 PM   #1
m1mvx
New User

Default Luger Variations - Harry E Jones

I'm in the UK so I guess you all know that owning anything other than deactivated handguns is illegal. But being an oldtimer I was lucky enough to own an Erfurt Luger and cyq P38, both live firing, before they were banned.

Since then I have owned a few deactivated Lugers and P38's but stupidly sold them when the EU regulations changed about 6 years ago and made all deactivated handguns basically paperweights!

I still have an interest in Lugers and P38's and I've retained my fairly extensive collection of books, although the value of the books has significantly decreased. There's still a reasonable number of collectors in the UK and even deactivated Lugers can sell for between £1,500 to £2,500 depending on the variant and condition.

I have two copies of 'Luger Variations' by Harry E Jones. A first edition printed in 1959 and another 4th edition printed in March 1975. The later edition has 4 color pages at the front of the book but otherwise seems to be identical.

Is there any significant differences between the two books and in the value of either edition?
m1mvx is offline   Reply With Quote