LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 12-28-2001, 06:54 PM   #1
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Default Luger Event in March....

Sorry for the delay in posting this note..!!! I hope that everyone had a terrific Holiday - and as many, I'm looking forward to 2002, which will quickly be upon us..!

Anyway - I'm trying to catch up with the posts on the Luger Forum trip and plans to Phoenix AZ on March 1, 2 and 3rd. However, we really need your help to coordinate all this...

The *tentative* plans are something like this....

Friday - March 1st. In the evening, G.T. has graciously opened his house for a meeting place and welcome center. It will be a "rallying" point to meet some of the fine folks on this Forum (and those who lurk )and set the agenda's for the following days.

Saturday - March 2nd. We will be visiting the home of Ralph and Nancy Shattuck. While Ralph needs no introduction, as he is perhaps the most renowned Luger collector/dealer in the US - and to visit his "showroom" is awe inspiring and will leave you feeling like you have experienced the "Holy Grail" in Luger collecting. Depending on the total number of folks - we may need to make several groups for visiting, as Ralph and Nancy Shattuck operate their business out of their home. But more on this as we get some idea of the overall numbers of attendees....

Saturday Evening - March 2nd. That evening, Ralph and Nancy have reserved a Banquet room at their local Country Club for all LugerForum guests. IT IS IMPORTANT that we get a headcount for that dinner ASAP! I am not sure of the cost per plate yet, and will post that soon. But, it should be less then an "original WW1 Magazine" bought from e-Bay

Sunday - March 3rd. We are working on scheduling a brunch or a small informal get together - and again, details to follow...

If you think you would like to attend, please help us coordinate all this..!! I have set up a "Pre-Registration" form at the link below (http://www.lugerforum.com/quiz/wol.htm) so please, if you know you are coming - pop over and fill out this form!! It would really help all of us. In the next couple of days - I'll post a list of folks who are tentatively coming - so you'll know who will be there....

So - if you think you may be coming - hop to the link below and let us know... In the meantime - thanks to Ralph and Nancy Shattuck, G.T., Ted and many others for making it all happen this year....!!!

Pre-Registration Form
Unread 12-28-2001, 06:57 PM   #2
Thor
User

Default Re: Luger Event in March....

Add breakfast on Saturday for those interested! how about the same restaurant we used last year? It was close enough to Ralphs that he came to it. Thor

Unread 12-28-2001, 07:02 PM   #3
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Great idea..!!! I'm not sure where that was last year (as I didn't get there..) - but it sounds like a terrific idea!!!

Unread 12-29-2001, 07:43 AM   #4
Marvin
User

John,

The breakfast was at the Denny's Restaurant near Ralph's home. This was a great,, and fun time we had last year. We had an informal introduction to all those attending and from that point we all seemed to have know each other for years. I vote we do this again for those that would like to attend.

Marvin

Unread 12-29-2001, 10:14 AM   #5
Dok
RIP

If someone could post the address, that would be helpful.

Unread 12-29-2001, 01:16 PM   #6
Thor
User

Denny's Restaurant

8131 W Bell Rd

Peoria, AZ 85382

(623) 486-8505

Please see

http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypMap.py?Pyt=Typ&tuid=8809134&ck=4237630238&tab=B2C&city for printable map and location.

Thor

Unread 12-29-2001, 04:39 PM   #7
Dok
RIP

Many thanks... the map was a nice touch!

Unread 12-29-2001, 08:00 PM   #8
N Keller

Boy would I love to be there. But, I have a March 4th court date as a witness. Do not believe the judge would understand as he is NOT a gun person.

Neil

Unread 12-29-2001, 09:56 PM   #9
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Maybe if we all petitioned your court for a change of venue - somewhere a little closer to Phoenix??

We'll miss anyone who won't be able to make it, and wants to come, due to a scheduling conflict. To make you feel a bit better though - I'm sure there will be quite a few Digital Pictures posted afterwards. I know it's not the same - but....

Or - maybe we could get DOK to do a live WebCam feed??? Just a thought...

Unread 12-30-2001, 01:56 PM   #10
N Keller

I'll be looking foreward for the pictures.Neil