LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 11-19-2001, 10:30 PM   #1
RWS

Default Sarco Lugers

I sent an e-mail off to Sarco a while back and forgot about the fact that they didn't reply. Then out of the blue, I received a reply. Here it is:

"These are perfect than East German reworks. Nice condition; select grade $475.00; standard grade $395.00"

Any comments or insights on these or Sarco, for that matter. I'm looking for a nice shooter, mechanically shound, it can be refinished and imported, matching would be great. Do you think one of Sarco's would fit the bill?

Thanks in advance

Unread 11-20-2001, 07:52 AM   #2
Dok
RIP

Default Re: Sarco Lugers

I recently had some ordering experience with SARCO. Like you, it took forever to get a reply. But once I ordered (by phone) the item (an Arty Cleaning Rod) arrived quickly and was as adverised.

I can't vouch for the Lugers, and have no idea what might differentiate the "select grade" from the "standard grade", but even so, at $475 you've still got a good deal. Recognize that as a rework, it may be many, many years before these reworks are seen as collectibles, and there may not be any left by then, so if you get an all matching that would be great, but invariably during the rework something may well have been replaced.

If it were me, I would go for the "select grade", see what you get, and go from there. Hope this helps.

Dok

Unread 11-20-2001, 12:15 PM   #3
66mustang

$395 is a good price for a shooter that you WANT to modify. Adding a longer barrel, chroming (alright Deaf) and such. I remember hearing people say, I bought the standard grade and wish I had gotten the select... But if you are going to modify it in anyway, then obviously the $395 is the best bet.

Unread 11-20-2001, 07:30 PM   #4
66mustang

I guess I should clarify what I said, IF you are going to mess with it, I'd go cheaper, if you are going to keep it intact, it is as Dok said and you will always go better in the long run buying the select grade.

Ed

Unread 11-20-2001, 08:50 PM   #5
RWS

I argee. I've got an e-mail into Sarco to get some more information. I haven't seen them advertised, so I have no idea what the $390 versus $475 will buy

Unread 11-20-2001, 09:57 PM   #6
Lonnie Zimmerman
User

My new Shotgun Newsonly shows the one for $475, and they state they only have a few, so hurry!

Lonnie

Unread 11-20-2001, 10:00 PM   #7
66mustang

Blatant plug for Tom Heller, I paid $450 for mine, which is a shooter and it is very nice. Sarco is a good company, but find out what you get for $475. If it is a all matching with collector appeal, besides being shootable...

Ed

Unread 11-21-2001, 07:00 AM   #8
Marvin
User

I agree with 66mustang; give Tom Heller a call and see what he has available. I would trust his description a lot more than SARCO's. Large comapanies like this usually just pull the next out of the box and it is a "crap shoot" for what you get. With Tom, he has personally looked at the pistols and can give you a correct description of what you get.

Marvin