LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 01-18-2002, 05:54 PM   #1
Artsi
User

Default honing trigger pull

Hi

I had to rework my trigger pull since some nitwit before me had ruined it already. Trigger was absolutely terrible, at least 2 to 3 times more heavy than a Glock. (Maybe like 6-8lbs or so).

It took me a week to get where I wanted. I intentionally wanted to avoid even getting near to the full-auto territory. The pull is now somewhere between 1lb and 2 lbs.

It's a real PITA to remake trigger surfaces without the use of a jig fixture. That's why it took me a week, through trial and error. Luckily it has to be done only once.

I do have a sear jig for a Colt 1911 type pistols. Making a good triggerjob is very little short of pleasant experience all in all with such a jig. Making such a jig for a Luger would definately pay off if a need for making more triggerjobs would arise.

Anyone with too heavy triggerpulls, and alot of extra time in their hands should treat themselves with a set of ceramic honing stones.

I got my pair from the 'Brownells'.

http://www.brownells.com/homePage.asp

Use their search engine, try to end up with the following:

--

6" x �½" x �½" CERAMIC STONES

State-Of-The-Art Stones Combine Fast Metal Removal With Fine Finish Custom

--

I do recommend them for anyone seeking a good trigger pull. With the 'white' stone one can literally have a mirror finish on steel. Amazing.

-A.