LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > All Post-WWII Lugers

Unread 11-02-2012, 07:36 PM   #21
www.prussia.us
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter4206 View Post
WoW! Mine has alot of stamps on it but none like that. but Im glad you brought up stampings on these type guns. Mine has a proof stamp on the side that is stamped over with a different proof stamp. Whats your thoughts on that.

Attachment 29875

Also I was just in a gun shop tonight and saw a norenco that actually had VOPO stamped on the side with a "X" marked on it. Wonder if someone facked that or did the russians do that gun that way. Hmm!
What does it mean if a VoPo Luger has a "G" near the right upper receiver imperial proofs, like where Skeeter's proof has been re-stamped?
www.prussia.us is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 07:48 PM   #22
mrerick
Super Moderator - Patron
LugerForum
Life Patron

Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,503 Posts

The rifle was probably a Schmidt Rubin Swiss rifle. Several models have recently been imported, and are available on the C&R surplus market.

Marc
Unread 11-03-2012, 07:28 AM   #23
Andyd
User

There are differences in Vopo P.08 pistols. If they were Russian captured they had the X mark. Not all Vopo 08 that I saw were Russian Xed. Guns were floating around in post war Germany and found in numbers in the old bunkers were they had been dropped, even in basement or attics.

The Russians took the pistols apart and reworked and renumbered them from the mix of parts. East German armourers did it a little different but all pistols that I saw that served in the Deutsch Demokratische Republik, either for the Volkspolizei or later given to the worker's brigades had the sunburst under the take down lever for the sideplate.

Many shot out barrels were replaced with Czechoslovakian barrels and proofed Crown N.

Many numbers were x'ed out and restamped, the extractor usually only etched out.

If the grips were serviceable, they kept them on the guns, otherwise they got replacement grips made of bakelite, usually with the bullseye in it.

A Germany Vopo Luger collector told me, that the police pistols were re-dipped when it deemed necessary.

Many parts were made new, the newly produced take down lever is not round as you can see on the gun in the center.

All three are Vopo pistols - and great shooters!

Andyd is offline   Reply With Quote