LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Luger Accessories

Unread 02-02-2012, 09:32 PM   #1
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,133 Times in 2,173 Posts
Default Luger artilleries are an accessory nightmare

Late last year I purchased my first artillery from our resident Artillery master George Anderson and it was a shere honor. Monthly while in the hospital for my second ankle reconstuction. Debbie brought me Jans' book for entertainment. George sent me picture that I could pullup on a spare computer at the hospital. He down let the history of the 169th infantry. The beauty was both the gun and board were matched. The luger was marked "169.R.1.K.6" and the board "169.R.5.K.4" Jans book only cited 8 others for that year. Just after I was released and still barely able to walk the package arrived. Better than any Christmas morning. I gingerly unpacked and there it was. The leather was all there and then comes the other although the staps were a bit fragile. Since then I bought both drums from one George and a loader from the other George Thank to them and Jerry my ankle are no longer my focus. TKS to all the support love and genorocity. Lugers have taken on a new meaning althouth it took a 100 years, As for the 'Nightmare' In the beginning all the parts seam scary. Put your trust in the hand of our legends, They don't bite. Its the only free advice you can count on and take one small step at a time, I once asked a collector how did he amass such an awesome collection??? Three small words, 'one at a time'!!Every collection starts with that one. Mine was a 1906 French Marked Commercial seen on page 106 Kenyan, 'Lugers At Random'
cirelaw is offline   Reply With Quote