LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 04-08-2002, 10:33 AM   #1
TIMOTHY CANNEY

Default GREAT DEAL!!!!!!!!

I ran across what I consider to be a great deal this week. My gun dealer has for sale, Unissued Walther P1's(P38's) with two Walther mags, a holster, and complete cleaning kit(chain pull through bore cleaner)for only $399.00. The only detracting feature is that the import marks are clearly visable under the barell. I got two of them with consecutive serial numbers! The manufacture dates range from 1964-1980. If someone wants a great shooter, this is it! Does anyone know the story on thease? Were they a factory over-run? Please E-Mail me with any info you guys might have. If anyone wants one let me know and I'll put you in touch with my dealer. The only strange thing about these is that one is allot better than the other dispite them being only one number off. One of them has significant handling marks and the other virtually none!

Best Regards,

Timothy Canney

Unread 04-08-2002, 04:56 PM   #2
Kyrie
User

Default Re: GREAT DEAL!!!!!!!!

Hi Tim!

I regret that I have to say Iâ??m doubtful any of these P1â??s actually were unissued. These are all (former West) German police pistols released upon the surplus market. These pistols were rehabbed (some many times) in two different ways. Most of the pistols in this batch were refurbish by the German government, and these pistols will have rehab markings indicating the month - year of refurbishment. Some were rehabbed at Walther, and will not show refurbishment markings. It is this last group of pistol that are being advertised as â??unissued.â? In actual fact, they are only unissued since their last rebuild.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Kyrie

Moderator - Cruffler_Forum on Yahoo Groups

"The flame free C&R Forum."

Unread 04-08-2002, 05:18 PM   #3
Herb
User

Tim, have you actually taken possession of the pistols yet??

Unread 04-09-2002, 11:14 AM   #4
TIMOTHY CANNEY

No not yet, but I have seen both of them.

Tim