LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 09-11-2007, 11:17 PM   #41
Alx
User

Watch out that your KARMA doesn't run over your DOGMA, man.
Alx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2007, 11:47 PM   #42
Alx
User

To someone looking for an ultimate answer to the origin of everything, it is a comforting thing to have a Creator and not look past or behind that. It takes FAITH and belief.
How did God get created ?
IF you are going to ask what lies beyond infinity, or what was there before space expanded, or what happened before the big bang, or how can infinity minus one equal infinity, or how did everything get here in the first place, why is the question of the origin of God off-limits ?
If you are able to draw the line there and accept God's infinity, then why not just accept infinity itself along with all the other paradox as well ?

A. > Because it is not as satisfying as having a face to relate to.
Alx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2007, 08:00 PM   #43
saxman
User

David Kachel; 'Perhaps a backfire from a cosmic Ford?'

You must be as old as me if you remember the old days when we would go down a hill in an old Ford, turning the key off and then back on, which caused a huge BANG out the tailpipe. You don't dare do that on today's cars unless you have plenty of money to replace the throttle body and catalytic converter.
As to the so-called 'void' in space, I'm sure these empty spaces are quite common in the vast distances between galaxies (not Ford Galaxies). Funny - when I started school, they said they knew how many galaxies there were - now that number has grown to an astounding figure as we develop better detection methods. This whole question of the universe, where it is, where was it at the time of the big bang, who or what started the process - reminds me of fish in a bowl wondering what's on the other side. We have to wonder, but at this time we really don't know much more than those fish. I imagine any kind of being with that knowledge would be as a god compared to us.