LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 01-15-2013, 10:15 PM   #21
Steve Lempitski
User

Will NRA do anything?? When MA AG handgun control act of 1998 went into effect, both they and MA GOAL didnt do a thing....
Unread 01-15-2013, 11:11 PM   #22
DavidJayUden
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 1,414 Times in 887 Posts

NRA may not be perfect, but they are the shooter's best friend right now.
dju
DavidJayUden is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 3 members says Thank You to DavidJayUden for your post:
Unread 01-16-2013, 02:29 AM   #23
LWaali
User

And on the opposite side of the country.. I went looking for ammunition today and the little local store which for years had a bin of hundreds of butler creek 25 round .22lr mags was completely out. Was also out COMPLETELY of 22lr ammunition when they used to have an entire ISLE of it. Was also out of all the other calibers I was looking for (.32, .38, .270, 30-30). This is half the store almost and Washington is (was) not on the of strict gun laws states. Things are going to change a lot tomorrow I fear. I fear we will be experiencing the Germany of Shirer's reporting.
LWaali is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 08:18 PM   #24
mdrumbore
User

From what my understanding of the text is a trommel mag will still be legal because it is C&R eligible.

My father is an FFL firearms dealer and he is having a hell of a time keeping anything in stock. AR type rifles and any handgun that has a high capacity magazine over 10 rounds disappears from our cases faster than we can reorder; if we can reorder. This are really getting hard for a lot of the small independent firearms dealers.
mdrumbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 09:11 PM   #25
NoncomRetired
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidJayUden View Post
NRA may not be perfect, but they are the shooter's best friend right now.
dju

I was on the phone waiting a rep at the NRA today for 40 minutes trying to renew my membership. I finally gave up after 40 minutes and did it online.
I just got off the phone with my sis in Oxford MS and my brother-in-law went with the military side of Olin-Winchester a few years back when they moved from Alton IL to MS. The civi-side has pretty much move down there also. He said that side is now putting in overtime to fulfill the orders coming in by the minute.
From the local news tonight and interviews, people are coming in who in the past would never have thought of buying a firearm are now doing so, signing up for classes at the same time.
Some buyers were interviewed and a couple said they decided to buy a firearm to exercise their Right before they lose that Right.

BTW, notice how Barry never mentioned anything about Hollywood and violent movies?
NoncomRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 11:02 PM   #26
jonnyc
User

From the White House press release:

"END THE FREEZE ON GUN VIOLENCE RESEARCH, INVESTIGATE THE CAUSES AND PREVENTION OF VIOLENCE, AND EXPLORE THE IMPACT OF VIOLENT MEDIA IMAGES AND VIDEO GAMES: For years, Congress has subjected the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to restrictions ensuring it does not “advocate or promote gun control,” and some members of Congress have claimed this restriction prohibits the CDC from conducting any research on the causes of gun violence. However, public health research on gun violence is not advocacy. The President is directing the CDC and other research agencies to conduct research into the causes and prevention of gun violence, and the CDC is announcing that they will begin this research. The Administration is calling on Congress to provide $10 million for the CDC to conduct further research, including investigating the relationship between video games, media images, and violence."

Not much on the influence of violent media, but something.
jonnyc is offline   Reply With Quote