LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 05-30-2010, 05:29 AM   #21
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,506 Times in 2,080 Posts

You will find many California dealers who believe that the whatchumacallit form has to be done, it only has to be done if being sent by a FFL01.

Personally, I have found Texas to be "picky" on pistols coming from another state? Several I have dealt with have wanted drivers license to prove who I am (which I know is their perogitive), receipt etc. Just several small issues...
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2010, 08:52 AM   #22
DavidJayUden
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 1,414 Times in 887 Posts

While I agree that there are many good collectors in CA I would not agree that the problem is misinformation. California takes the lead in onerous and restrictive legislation, be it firearm related, environmental issues, etc. And some times the rest of us get tired of having CA lame-brained ideas shoved up our rear ends, thus our preference to simply avoid any and all possible association.
I would think that at some point the local voters would have enough, but that seems to never happen.
dju
DavidJayUden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2010, 03:53 PM   #23
zinfull
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

David

The most dealers that I have dealt with are nice when it comes to the CA requirements and realize with a very little effort their market is expanded and they can help the gun owners of CA. There are a few who get on a soap box and proclaim that we should take arms and defeat the government and get our rights back and they will not have any dealings with the CA gun owners. These are the ones that are hurting the gun rights by doing what the antis want.

CA has a Assault Weapons law that was imposed after the Federal one expired. The CA gun owners used the very poorly written law and on we are the major importer of AR and AK type weapons. We are fighting in the courts and winning, we will never out vote the antis so we pick our battles. So the people that refuse to do business with us are not helping.

jerry
zinfull is offline   Reply With Quote