LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 11-25-2001, 01:25 AM   #21
mlm

Default Re: Another Question....

K dates are so very popular it seems worthwhile to get it professionally done no matter what finish changes you make. If you have a cheap reblue or strawing done, you will regret it later. Do it right if you do anything at all.

By the way, I have luger K dates just after yours. 1062 and 1146 and they are totally scriptic S marked. I don't know when the gothic S's were begun but I have a 1937 with a scriptic S underneath the toggle. Must be some reason for these stamps I do not understand.

I am always hunting for more K dates.

dm

Unread 11-25-2001, 09:17 AM   #22
tom h

David, In the traditional thrifty Deutch tradition, Mauser never threw away perfectly good stamping dies. They reused them later on as inspector's ID dies. This is what the Scriptic "S" under your 1937 mid toggle link is. I've even seen the 1906 DWM Brazilian "B in a circle" used on 98Ks and the M1900-06 Portugese Contract "triangle in a circle" die use on the rear frame of 1910/14 Mauser pistols. Tom h.

Unread 11-25-2001, 02:15 PM   #23
Dieter Kastel

Hi friends,

my k-date has the number 5057. I have only the big gotic-s on the toggle and one little on one part inside. all other s are script. i would like to collect photos from all k-dates wich are available. if somebody has pics, i would be glad to receive them at: Dieter08@web.de

i told you, that my gun is a vopo-rework, dip-blued allover. i tried to rust-blue it on my own, but it didn't work for my 100% satisfaction. Now i found a gun-smith in bochum, he'll rust-blue it for me. the wooden-grips are fitting perfect. the original side-plate was missing(:-() but i found an original mauser with the 57 on it, it fits perfect, only the S is missing and i will put it onto the plate (script or gotic, what do you think?).i'll sign it as a fake, and i do not want to sale it. for my heart and maybe for yours it would look great. if it's done, i'll put some pics to you.

Dieter