LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 08-10-2001, 02:40 AM   #21
Herb Fredricksen

Default Re: "MEADE".....a fun adventure !!

Add Asbach Uralt to the list of great drinks. I've done Bavarian and Austrian and Scandinavian dance all my life. Lots of beer drinking, shoe slapping, rough housing, singing, "juchzen" (yodeling/crowing at the moon) and all the foolishness that goes with youth at any age. Several memorable parties (as best I can remember them) involved, in addition to biersteins used in creative ways, a drink called a "lantern." A large clear pilsener class or Stiefel (boot shaped glass) of pale lager with a lightweight schnapps glass filled with Asbach floating in the middle. It looked like a candle or lantern when held up to a light. The quest was to drink the Asbach by tipping the glass/boot to your lips while trying to miss the bier. As I recall it didn't work and it didn't matter. Everything after that is a little fuzzy, but memorable, to the best of my memory.

Meanwhile another Luger is on my wish list, one I hope will fit unobtrusively in at least one pair of my Lederhosen. A few more beers and Asbachs and I won't fit in them.

Prosit, Herb Fredricksen, Schuhplattler, Tanzmeister, usw.

Unread 08-13-2001, 10:03 AM   #22
Dok
RIP

Default Great Post Herb, can see it now :) (EOM)

Unread 08-15-2001, 12:26 PM   #23
Bob Spitzer

Default Re: Sehr gut biere, Thor!

Hallo, have I missed something. Has no one a taste for a good Weissbier? Bob SP.

Unread 08-15-2001, 08:00 PM   #24
Matt
User

Ja, Bob Sp., Paulaner Hefeweizen ist sehr gut! I drank plenty of it when I was in Munich. It's the only German bier my wife likes.

Unread 08-15-2001, 09:12 PM   #25
Bob Spitzer

Thor, when we're over in Germany, Uncle Willi and I consume Erdlinger Weizen in joyfull and healthy amounts. Your wife apparently has great taste in her men and bier, Prosit->!