LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Unread 12-02-2006, 10:54 AM   #21
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,507 Times in 2,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by stefanosg
Another item I found strange are the coins I have seen. They are Nazi era coins, all plastered with Swastikas and such. I understood those to be "offensive" and therefore not sellable on Ebay. Also, I almost got a deactivated '34 Mauser. A day before the auction ended, it got pulled.

When you see an item you like and wonder about if the idiots might pull it, send a message with your email (there is a downside, if they put your message up for all to see and it has your email)... But this way they know you are interested and have the email sent to yourself, then you can contact the ebay member directly even after the auction.

Ed
Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2006, 01:52 PM   #22
Jan C Still
User

My wife sells my books on E-Bay and Amazon and did accept paypal. (note: my book sales are separate from hers and I do not accept Paypal or credit cards.)

She has been selling books to Germany and France for many years. A few weeks ago (out of the blue), she was notified that her Paypal account and membership were frozen pending resolution of a dispute. Paypal discovered that she sold "Weimar and Early Nazi Lugers" to some one in France. She was informed that Paypal could not be used to sell any book that discussed anything related to the Third Reich to France or Germany. With difficulty she managed to get her Paypal account unfrozen and recover the funds.

Political correct has gone way too far when a payment institution freezes an account (and holds your funds hostage) for selling a book that covers some pistols used by Germany, 1933-1945. It is outrageous and a good reason not to use paypal.
Jan
Jan C Still is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2006, 02:25 PM   #23
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

That is amazing Jan.... I do not know of any law in France or Germany that says you can not discuss Nazism, just not glorify or use the symbols... Let along a textbook. I think if someone were to raise hell that a refreence textbook was being "banned" there might be repurcussions. nahhhhh, not for ebay...

ed
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Unread 12-02-2006, 03:02 PM   #24
dz
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

I have found it is very difficult to sell a WWll german paratrooper knife because it is gravity. Some survive the auction, but most do not. I was suspended on eaby for 90 days when I attempted to sell one of the paratrooper knifes on 2 different occassions,months apart. I complained that there was a similar knife for sale at the time I was suspended. I was informed that because I was no longer an Ebay member I could not report the other knife. There is real logic. David
dz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2006, 05:12 PM   #25
thegundude
User

Quote:
Originally posted by zim
I was informed that because I was no longer an Ebay member I could not report the other knife. There is real logic. David

{fingers in ears} "La, la, la! We can't hear you or your common sense! La, la, la!!"

Utter idiocy... Makes you wonder how they get thier shoes tied in the mornings...

~Steve
thegundude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2006, 05:34 PM   #26
the gunman
User

These people are really nuts I listed this item #200054043637 on ebay. By mistake ment to list on gunbroker. Its still there after a day and a half. Go Figger
the gunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2006, 04:25 PM   #27
Steinar
User

When I was searching for a magazine tube for a Marlin .22 that has been lost for years.. I found several of these small rifles parted out, that could be put together again to be complete. Some form of control is needed, but from guys who know their job

Well.. best to you all!

Steinar
Unread 12-05-2006, 11:49 AM   #28
Pete Ebbink
User

eBay is not very smart.

Here is an offering which is a total firing luger. One does not need to have a frame...only for pointing and aiming. A luger frame is more like a "handle" for the rest of the gun which does the firing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Luger-Artillery-...em230060618997
Pete Ebbink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2006, 12:12 PM   #29
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

I agree Pete, but the BATF (or whatever they are called now) has declared the "frame" as the part that must be controlled. On some guns, the "frame" is actually the receiver but is controlled. I am pretty sure the reasoning is if the serial number is stamped on it, then that is the "frame".

I don't think I want to write the BATF and suggest they make the receiver a controlled item, as they would do the bureaucratic thing and make both controlled items...
Unread 12-05-2006, 02:40 PM   #30
Brent B.
User

I put a bid in earlier today on a newly listed Luger mag. About 2 hours later I was notified by ebay that the listing had been cancelled and I was not obligated. Fortunately before I bid I saw the seller had other auctions so I went there and sent him an email telling him I was the bidder and they might have cancelled his listing because of the way it was worded, also ask if he was going to relist it. I don't understand them either.

Brent B.
Brent B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2006, 06:31 PM   #31
stefanosg
User

Earlier this year I bid on a deactivated 34 Mauser pocket pistol in 32cal. According to the seller, the deactivation was accomplished by drilling holes in the barrel and removing the firing pin. Easy enough parts to replace so I went for it. Damn if they didn't catch it two days before it ended.
Unread 12-06-2006, 04:14 AM   #32
Steinar
User

I have a deactivated 1914 laying around somewhere..

They are very neat little pistols, I ounderstand well why Ron likes the 'live' ones that much
I got it as a gift from a friend years ago. Probably a deactivation made in the 70s, barrel is drilled and firing pin cut down.. Today the deactivation is more like Tac has described earlier.

I recall bidding on several items, that where removed. Always thought it was the seller who removed them, but that could just as well be the Ebay gest.. uhh.. police I guess