LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 03-28-2018, 10:37 AM   #21
calibrator
User

I'm glad that this thread has sparked the contributors to share their POVs.

Maybe I should have asked for it to be a "Poll", or a "Checklist", as regarding what you are doing to be pro-active in response to the Grabbers.

Yes Jerry, the enemy IS us if we each do nothing to influence the outcome in our own small way.

I think that the main weapon we have is the Ballot Box, because after all, it is elected politicians that are our enemy in this fight (as well as any fight we face in defense of the American Way, not a Globalist agenda). We dodged a fatal bullet in the last election for POTUS. What do you think the current climate would be today if it had gone the other way???

Having an "R" or a "D" after a politician's name is no indication of their intent to support the 2A. However, the 2A would be history today if the deck was stacked in DC now like it was after the '08 election. We need another Supreme to be replaced in the next 2 1/2 years for obvious reasons. RHINOs like McCain and Flake are toxic to the values of the people that likely voted for them more out of party loyalty than sense. Politicians LIE ..... PERIOD. Politicians are for SALE to the highest bidder ..... PERIOD. Make SURE you VOTE, and make SURE you vote for someone you really have faith in.

Educate and influence others that you meet. Most people are like SHEEP, grazing on life totally oblivious to anything they are not spoon-fed by the media (news, sports and entertainment from the Hollywood elite). I make posts like this in order to be proactive in the fight. Everyone I am close to (friends, employers, co-workers, ... etc.) are aware and informed. I don't spend time conversing with obvious political partisans that base their politics on emotions, you can't debate someone who only has emotions and feelings supporting their POV.

SHEEP are also voters. Help open their eyes every chance you get, and hope they will do the same for others they know.
Unread 03-28-2018, 11:01 AM   #22
calibrator
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudorbug View Post
I am grateful to see the access to the blog. Previously, I have had no idea where to go to obtain reliable information.

David
Hey David, finding the truth is hard. It's really as they say, there are 3 sides to every story, My side, Your side, and the TRUTH.

Limbaugh is pretty good at keeping emotion out of his act, and can't be faulted for not being factual.

Alex Jones is a high energy performer, but his co-contributors are spot-on, as well as his guests (Roger Stone is a regular, along with other notables), most articles on this venue have a "Read More" link at the bottom and will take you to the original respected source of the information.

Content on You Tube is now being heavily censored gun-wise after the recent shooting, but links to You Tube will expose you to many similar postings in the right hand column.

You will often find US news way ahead of time by going to the UK Daily Mail of all places.

Do a GOOGLE search by typing in ANY topic you are interested in, and you will get some response and you will get links to read.

There's 3 sides to EVERY story, it's up to you to decide your version to believe after comparing what is offered.

Unread 03-28-2018, 11:02 AM   #23
George Anderson
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,527 Times in 786 Posts

Check out the rising star of the American Left. Warning! He's got quite a nasty way of speaking.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/david-hogg-wild/
The following member says Thank You to George Anderson for your post:
Unread 03-28-2018, 11:14 AM   #24
calibrator
User

I just remembered this commentator. She is a Syrian citizen and shares a unique view of the situation there. She's also VERY ..... .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJZRvp6w4wc
Unread 03-28-2018, 11:23 AM   #25
calibrator
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
Check out the rising star of the American Left. Warning! He's got quite a nasty way of speaking.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/david-hogg-wild/
There is quite a bit of speculation about his past. He has a history of creating confrontational videos while in Cali. His father is a recently retired FBI agent. He will likely be seen as a CNN figurehead in the future. Some quip that he wants an FWB date with Anderson Cooper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76advGTYIpo

Check out the links on this vid for more insight.
Unread 03-28-2018, 12:02 PM   #26
Pistol
User

That little opportunist is a pawn of the left
Unread 03-28-2018, 12:34 PM   #27
Douglas Jr.
User

I usually stay out of political discussion concerning US matters and its 2nd Amendment (which I admire) as I am not a US citizen and live abroad.

HOWEVER, I live in a country (Brazil) that is a screaming proof on how gun control DOES NOT work - or, if you prefer, only work against law abbiding citizens. Since the passing of a very restrictive law in 2003, that actually ended the right of an ordinary citizen of carrying a self defense weapon and almost make it impossible to even own a firearm, crime rate sky rocketed. You just need to see what is going on in Rio de Janeiro. Criminals (no matter their motivation) just don't give a damn for laws, that's the fact. Hence only the good people is affected, as they die denfeseless.

Again, I'm not a "Apocalypse Profeth" that claim something only to sow terror to the other party. I am currently living in country were the crime became widespread because of the same agenda you are now facing in US. It took 15 long years (and 60,000 murders per year) to have the chance to regain our rights again. But it is under discussion at the Brazilian Congress.

My advice: do NOT give up your rights, fight for the 2nd Amendment - even if you think it is not perfect. If they manage to score even the small concession, they will claim for more.
Words of someone that was in your place, years ago.

Last edited by Douglas Jr.; 03-29-2018 at 03:26 PM. Reason: phrasing and spelling
The following 9 members says Thank You to Douglas Jr. for your post:
Unread 03-28-2018, 01:33 PM   #28
ithacaartist
Twice a Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,483 Times in 1,324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
Taking away prayer and pledge of allegence in schools was wrong.
...except this never happened. Prayer is certainly allowed in schools, it's simply that it cannot be required, or led by school employees. Kids can take a wheel barrow full of bibles to school, or pray their guts out as long as they do it on their own.

The exhortations in 1990s' Berlin to "tear down that wall" were proper. Just as proper are the sentiments--over 200 years old--to "build up that wall," which is the one between church and state, a cornerstone of our secular democracy.

Although it doesn't rule it out, religiosity of any stripe does not automatically imbue morality. The notion that they are tied together is not productive, or even rational.
Unread 03-28-2018, 04:21 PM   #29
robert6715
User

Here is some good analysis on the "March for life" that I had not heard elsewhere.

https://www.billoreilly.com/video?chartID=330&pid=23259

https://www.billoreilly.com/video?chartID=330&pid=23287

And some rock solid analysis on gun violence in America.

https://www.billoreilly.com/video?chartID=330&pid=23313

Bills daily "No Spin News" podcast has some of the best news coverage I can find.

Rob
Unread 03-28-2018, 07:14 PM   #30
Olle
User

The gun control advocates say that "the American people doesn't want guns". Strangely enough, every time a new gun ban is discussed you'll see people running to the gun stores to stockpile guns and ammo. That alone is solid proof of what people really want. Maybe they just want themselves to have guns, but nobody else? Kinda like the criminals want it to be?
Unread 03-28-2018, 08:24 PM   #31
Sieger
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithacaartist View Post

Just as proper are the sentiments--over 200 years old--to "build up that wall," which is the one between church and state, a cornerstone of our secular democracy.

Although it doesn't rule it out, religiosity of any stripe does not automatically imbue morality. The notion that they are tied together is not productive, or even rational.
Hi,

I totally but respectfully disagree with you here.

In the Bill of Rights, the founders were specifically reacting to the time cherished European custom of making all citizens adopt the same religion as their ruler. The King of England's religion, therefore, had to be your religion. Ever wonder why so many of the early American settlers were of various religious minorities? They were fleeing this "requirement".

The separation of church and state "doctrine" sprang from a Supreme Court decision of Roosevelt's liberal court of that period. Before that time, their's was not the general interpretation of the First Amendment at all. Please read George Washington's Fair Well Address to the Nation in which he states that a non Christian democracy simply wouldn't work. I believe he has been proven correct!

This sounds like today, doesn't it? No commonality of accepted morality at all. Simply do your own thing!! Murder as many class mates as you want, and afterwards, claim that you are some kind of a victim!

I believe the notion that religion and morality are tied together is quite obvious to any deeply thinking man familiar with both, as our "non religious" (secular) society is now in the process of proving.

Respectfully,

Sieger
The following 4 members says Thank You to Sieger for your post:
Unread 03-28-2018, 08:30 PM   #32
DonVoigt
User

Thanked 4,348 Times in 2,038 Posts

I think discussion of "politics and religion" has no place in this forum; it will only lead to bad feelings.
The following 3 members says Thank You to DonVoigt for your post:
Unread 03-28-2018, 08:36 PM   #33
Sieger
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrKaiser View Post
I kid you not, I read an opinion article today in the WP written by former SCOTUS associate justice John Paul Stevens saying exactly this (Repeal the Second Amendment) https://a.msn.com/r/2/BBKKZP0?m=en-us

Its sad that people dont realize the way the founding fathers worded the constitution was to explicitly say that the enumerated Bill of Rights was not a list of rights granted to us by the United States government, but rather are natural rights given to us via our very existence as human beings which the government has no legitimate right to infringe upon. Unfortunately since many of them also owned slaves, those who wish to take away these rights have huge amounts of ad-hominem attack ammo. None of their arguments ever address the wordings and legitmate intent of the writing of the constitution, they instead just attack the founding fathers as slave owners or try to claim that natural human rights are dependent on time somehow.
Hogg and gang must not have studied the Civil War!!

Sieger
The following member says Thank You to Sieger for your post:
Unread 03-28-2018, 08:45 PM   #34
mrerick
Super Moderator - Patron
LugerForum
Life Patron

Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,503 Posts

Now is the time to actually do something to protect gun ownership and our collecting hobby.

The anti-gun zealots have clearly revealed their end-state agenda, and that is repeal of the Second Amendment and elimination of civilian gun ownership in the USA.

It's now the responsibility of each and every one of us to do something to oppose this tyranny - and to do so because the results are irreversible and, for our liberty, final. I don't think our system would survive the crime, terrorism and abuse of citizens that would follow.

Right now, identify candidates running in the primary that support the right to own firearms to defend yourself without question or wiggle room. Help them unseat the politicians that thing their power is more important than your rights.

Start behaving as a minority that is discriminated against in our society with prejudice. You may think you're invisible, but that creates an opportunity for systematic violation of your right to bear arms. When they can't see you out there, it's much easier for politicians to either do nothing, or outright infringe more gun rights.

Make it clear to the people you know that these very loud but very deluded gun grabbers are wrong, and tell them why. Don't let them get away with assuming they are right just because they are profane and loud.
The following member says Thank You to mrerick for your post:
Unread 03-28-2018, 08:47 PM   #35
Sieger
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonVoigt View Post
I think discussion of "politics and religion" has no place in this forum; it will only lead to bad feelings.
Hi,

Respectfully, my comments were not addressed to you.

If John wishes to remove my post, he may.

Sieger
Unread 03-28-2018, 09:15 PM   #36
George Anderson
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,527 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonVoigt View Post

Sometimes bad feelings need to be exposed.
The following 2 members says Thank You to George Anderson for your post:
Unread 03-28-2018, 10:10 PM   #37
Zorba
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithacaartist View Post
...except this never happened. Prayer is certainly allowed in schools, it's simply that it cannot be required, or led by school employees. Kids can take a wheel barrow full of bibles to school, or pray their guts out as long as they do it on their own.

The exhortations in 1990s' Berlin to "tear down that wall" were proper. Just as proper are the sentiments--over 200 years old--to "build up that wall," which is the one between church and state, a cornerstone of our secular democracy.

THANK YOU!

As a person who isn't a member of the 3 big Abrahamic Monotheisms, I get nervous about requiring kids to pray to any particular deity in school, or promulgating someone else's religion over an individual's freedom of choice. Our founding father's were VERY clear in wanting to keep any one religion from dominating the public sphere; unfortunately, a huge amount of revisionism has taken place over the last 242 (if I'm counting correctly) years and has given rise to fanaticism exceeded only in the middle east.
Unread 03-28-2018, 10:56 PM   #38
Sieger
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrerick View Post
Hogg and co. can protest, but the actual victims of tyranny tend to be silent.

The US congress with approval from the States has the capability of eliminating the Second Amendment. Never forget this.

We have changed our core system several times and already made mistakes doing it. A mistake in this area probably could not be survived for long. This was the fate of Weimar Germany within five years of their 1928 "gun control" legislation.

The current grabber strategy is "death by 1,000 cuts" and is being accomplished as the new standard of "intermediate scrutiny" of the constitutionality of infringing laws is applied post Heller and MacDonald. "Strict scrutiny" would require the justices to follow the actual words of the constitution and amendments, but that is not the standard being used.

Once the anti-gun minions have worn out that strategy, expect them to morph to different ones.
Hi,

You might also enjoy reading Hitler's Gun Control Law, as well as, his personal comments regarding it.

Sieger
Unread 03-28-2018, 11:21 PM   #39
Sieger
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
THANK YOU!

As a person who isn't a member of the 3 big Abrahamic Monotheisms, I get nervous about requiring kids to pray to any particular deity in school, or promulgating someone else's religion over an individual's freedom of choice. Our founding father's were VERY clear in wanting to keep any one religion from dominating the public sphere; unfortunately, a huge amount of revisionism has taken place over the last 242 (if I'm counting correctly) years and has given rise to fanaticism exceeded only in the middle east.
Hi,

Again, very respectfully, my family was here and voted on The Constitution and The Bill of Rights, in Washington County, PA., in 1789-1790

The establishment clause was never meant to guarantee freedom FROM religion, but rather, freedom OF religion (right to chose a religion, or, none at all).

RESPECTING everyone's choice on this matter is best practices.

Sieger
Unread 03-28-2018, 11:25 PM   #40
Pistol
User

Interesting quotes from some founding fathers listed below. Of course they don't teach this in school. I recall my teacher claiming that many of these men were non Christian or atheists.
You know liberals used to love Jefferson. I guess not so much anymore.

"The highest glory of the American Revolution was this: it connected, in one indissoluble bond, the principles of civil government with the principles of Christianity."
– John Adams

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
– John Adams

"Oh, eternal and everlasting God, direct my thoughts, words and work. Wash away my sins in the immaculate blood of the Lamb and purge my heart by Thy Holy Spirit. Daily, frame me more and more in the likeness of Thy son, Jesus Christ, that living in Thy fear, and dying in Thy favor, I may in thy appointed time obtain the resurrection of the justified unto eternal life. Bless, O Lord, the whole race of mankind and let the world be filled with the knowledge of Thee and Thy son, Jesus Christ."
– George Washington, Prayer

"Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God.”
– Benjamin Franklin

"God who gave us life gave us liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, that His justice cannot sleep forever."
– Thomas Jefferson, Jefferson Memorial

"The Christian religion is the best religion that has ever been given to man."
– Thomas Jefferson, Jefferson Memorial
The following 3 members says Thank You to Pistol for your post:
Closed Thread