LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Repairs, Restoration & Refinishing

Unread 01-23-2016, 02:53 PM   #21
ithacaartist
Twice a Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,483 Times in 1,324 Posts
Default Replacement/Reproduction Erma Extractors

Extractors are on the way to existence after one more meeting with the machinist on Monday, when I'll leave the last of the examples with him. Two pre-paid pre-orders we enough to tip the financial scale enough to get all three going and still have the ability to pay my guy for his work.

(If this works out, I'll have him pencil-taper another regular barrel--this time for the "Ermarican" Eagle I'm making out of a KGP 69, Erma's last .22 lr toggle pistol. Next step is bluing that barrel and upper after the lathe and mill work is complete. I'll also need to whip up another set of strawed small parts and modified safety lever. To finish, I will have the Great Seal laser-engraved over the chamber--deep enough, I hope, to accept some white dial wax so it shows.)
Unread 01-29-2016, 09:06 PM   #22
ithacaartist
Twice a Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Default A New Litter

The Erma extractors are coming home to roost. I bailed out the first batch, two dozen for the KGP-68A. After a little smoothing of the sharp corners, they're ready for heat treating to 55RC hardness. They'll be very dark blue after that, so further finishing will be unnecessary. I'll test a few examples to make certain they run OK, then it's off to Gunbroker for these babies!

Next up will be the extractors for the SE 08 kit, which I anticipate in about a week. Stay tuned!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	56181  

Unread 01-30-2016, 04:14 AM   #23
hayhugh
User

David, are these extractors going to be available to Forum members? I have PM'm you twice with no response.. Hugh
hayhugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2016, 09:10 AM   #24
DonVoigt
User

Thanked 4,348 Times in 2,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayhugh View Post
David, are these extractors going to be available to Forum members? I have PM'm you twice with no response.. Hugh
There is another thread where David offered them for sale to members. A couple of us took advantage of his "pre-production"
pricing!
The following member says Thank You to DonVoigt for your post:
Unread 01-30-2016, 12:39 PM   #25
hayhugh
User

Quote:
There is another thread where David offered them for sale to members. A couple of us took advantage of his "pre-production"
pricing!

I also read that thread and ask at that time to order two of the top extractors in the photos showing what he had and one of the one in the middle. Was looking for an address to send check to but never heard back... Post #5 of the original thread "Pre-Order Your Erma Extractor Today " Hugh
hayhugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2016, 07:40 PM   #26
ithacaartist
Twice a Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayhugh View Post
Hugh,

Somehow your PMs never made it to my inbox here on the site. Everyone can skip the extra step and contact me directly at ithacaartist@gmail.com --which is also the PayPal Account. For snail mail of personal check or USPS money order, my address is 6340 Carman Road, Trumansburg, NY 14886

KGP-68A extractors (top one in the pic) will be $40 on G.B., but $20 for forum members,
KGP-69 (bottom in pic) $40 on G.B., $20 forum members
SE 08 kit extractors $45 on G.B., $25 forum members

$5 per order shipping, regardless of number of extractors.

I'm wondering if this biz belongs more in the WTS section. Maybe it will work if I post there, with a link to the post in this thread at the point that it's hijacked? I intended to do the WTS after all three variations are completed and available, but I'll do it tonight and edit as necessary later. *OK, I've done that. Let's continue the business part there http://forum.lugerforum.com/showthread.php?t=35263 but still comment here if necessary, so as to abide by the WTS rules.*

I hardened six of the completed KGP-68A parts today, and they are drawing down in the toaster oven as I type, being heated to about 500 degrees before slow cooling. I'll try some in operation tomorrow. I don't think I'll have to do a lot of testing because they are very uniform, crisp, almost-exact copies of the original and they should work just fine.

As I posted previously, the parts next out of the gate will be for the kit, in about a week. The final ones for the .22 KGP-69 should be bringing up the rear about a week after that.

David
Unread 02-23-2016, 08:19 AM   #27
larry
User

Received my order yesterday.
Thanks my friend.
Larry
larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2016, 09:53 AM   #28
hayhugh
User

Dave, my three extractors arrived yesterday. They look good, thank you, Hugh