LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 10-05-2017, 10:21 AM   #21
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 4,133 Times in 2,173 Posts

Now everyone in the world knows how!!
cirelaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2017, 10:30 AM   #22
DavidJayUden
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 1,414 Times in 887 Posts

Now that's a rifle...
dju
DavidJayUden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2017, 11:51 AM   #23
Sergio Natali
User

Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,007 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidJayUden View Post
Now that's a rifle...
dju
It's only a semi-auto though.
Sometimes I like to to to the range with a long gun, so I alternate from a bolt action to this semi-auto.
Unread 10-05-2017, 04:38 PM   #24
Eugen
User

Exclamation

I just read that the NRA is asking the BATF to review its position on the "bump stop" regulation. Apparently, they are conceding this point. We see what happens next on this issue.
Unread 10-05-2017, 05:04 PM   #25
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

The are drafting new legislation as we speak! Wait till you hear this!!!The Bumb was made legal by Obama for handicapped shooter! The ATF and BATF people are going to get their ass kick for allowing such a loophole so long!!! NRA is backing the restriction! Very Smart! http://www.businessinsider.com/nra-b...tement-2017-10
Unread 10-05-2017, 06:14 PM   #26
Pistol
User

I'm sure CNN will come down hard on Obama and his admin.

Banning bump stocks will do little.

In fact, Congress could ban guns completely, but crazy people will continue to kill. And criminals will continue to have guns, while the law abiding citizen do not. This man had enough explosives to kill hundreds if he wanted.
Pistol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2017, 06:35 PM   #27
SteveM
User

I'm not liking always givin' and never gettin'. This will happen again, and you know it will, what are all of you willing to give up the next time around?
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2017, 06:46 PM   #28
alvin
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol View Post
In fact, Congress could ban guns completely
Banning guns completely is highly unlikely. But there could be some weird measure coming out, such as limiting how many guns people could buy or sell each month... there is report saying Vegas shooter carried many guns with him to handle overheat issue in shooting... gun volume could be a target.
alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2017, 06:48 PM   #29
mrerick
Super Moderator - Patron
LugerForum
Life Patron

Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,503 Posts

I am a director of a state level Gun Rights organization, and have been working for gun owner rights for close to a decade. This is a uniquely American issue, and I apologize to our International members.

- - - -

The media and politicians are dancing in the blood of the victims.

Bump stocks and action types and cosmetic features of modern sporting rifles are not the issue.

Psychopathic murderers are the issue.

I guess we are on the way to 22,001 infringements on the Second Amendment.

What the Las Vegas monster did was despicable.

I am a law abiding citizen. Why pass laws that unconstitutionally restrict my rights as a result of this?

We never are dealing with rational behavior when we collaborate with gun control advocates. They live by the mantra, "never let a crisis go to waste"... It's one of the Sol Alinsky "Rules for Radicals".

The other problem is that, in a free society, prohibition never works. It only causes more problems. Witness the track record with alcohol (where prohibition funded organized crime), drugs (where prohibition funds the international criminal drug cartels), sex (where entire industries now have replaced local issues) and other culturally harmful things.

If you live in a totalitarian environment you can even attempt to prohibit thought. Witness North Korea and Iran. In a free society, you just create business opportunities for criminals.

Maybe "bump stocks" and manual bump style operation need to be "controlled"... I know of one incident in all of our history that might lead you to consider this. I can also name a large number of other "risks" that are being ignored daily nationwide. The terrorists and criminal psychopathic murderers just haven't used them yet. I would like to maintain the right and the means to stop them.

Here's one example. Background checks do not work. They never have, and never will. What's different is that terrorists have learned to recruit and radicalize psychopaths with clean records. It happened in San Bernadino, Orlando and now in Las Vegas.

Unfortunately, the gun grabbing progressives are not interested in bump stocks, or bullet engraving, or cosmetic control of firearms. They are interested in complete elimination of law abiding citizen's rights to self defense with firearms. They are willing to play the game of death by 1,000 cuts, and lie regularly all along the way.

Just next month, Scientific American will be publishing an article on Gun Control which cites a number of already disproven "peer reviewed studies" including one I helped personally debunk - an opinion piece by a reporter at the New York Times with absolutely no basis in fact.

If we were dealing with normal social discourse, I might feel differently, but I can assure you - there is nothing rational or normal about those that want to control you.

The NRA needs to focus on nationwide concealed carry reciprocity and moving suppressors out of the NFA and into the GCA. I'm really unhappy about their political game.

Last edited by mrerick; 10-05-2017 at 07:50 PM.
mrerick is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 4 members says Thank You to mrerick for your post:
Unread 10-05-2017, 06:52 PM   #30
DavidJayUden
Patron
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 1,414 Times in 887 Posts

Steve: I agree, this is just the start of "common-sense consessions".
The legislative branch is bending to the prevailing wind. And we have seen how much strength they exhibit.
It would be interesting if Trump refuses to go along. Even at the risk of over-ride. If there is anyone in Washington who is not afraid of a fight, it's him.
Maybe he'll trade Bump-Fires for Obamacare repeal?
dju
DavidJayUden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2017, 06:55 PM   #31
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Congress CANNOT BAN FIREARMS all together because of our constitution. The founders didn't trust their old king of presidential sole power! However constitutional amendment can be enacted to further refine individual rights. Such as out law bumpers as they a 'modification' to here to now legal semis. Full auto approved auto firearms are legal with a permit! Bump we originally approved by Obama to allow physically handicapped shooters which sounds life a kiss ass more for a different NRA at the time. If he was shooting semis the death count would be less! Why didn't he apply for a class one auto because he was a paranoid **** that was afraid of something. Better Yes, He may wanted to be remembered as the greatest American mass killer~ The problem is there are probably thousands out there! You can still own full auto with proper permits! The police didn't have automatic wesome more copy cats out there! Eric, Esq
Unread 10-05-2017, 07:14 PM   #32
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

I noticed our old friend Hickok has been removed! Damage control!
Unread 10-05-2017, 07:30 PM   #33
mrerick
Super Moderator - Patron
LugerForum
Life Patron

Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,503 Posts

The unfortunate truth is that since ATF is an executive agency, and Congress has delegated away states rights for firearms industry control based upon interstate commerce, Congress doesn't have to be consulted about this.

The other unfortunate thing in our system is that as long as courts tolerate constitutional infringement, they will successfully continue to infringe upon unpopular constitutionally recognized rights. There are now 22,000 infringements on the Second Amendment active in the United States. Each one passed by a city council, county board, state legislature or Congress, and each one either unchallenged or finally accepted by a court, appeals court or the Supreme Court.

I personally sat in a court room while a state Superior Court judge legislated against firearm rights from the bench. He basically said that the laws were complicated, he could not make sense of them and that he would rule the way he wanted to. We did not appeal because we were aware that the legislature would pass legislation in the area during the next session.

Rights are not granted by the constitution, they are recognized by it as emanating from a higher authority. Courts can infringe on that any time they wish to, as long as they are not overturned by higher courts.

For Congress to act, the constitution has to be amended. Don't put this one past the gun grabbers.

These knee jerk reactions "dancing in the blood of the victims" make me want to copyright the phrases "do something®", "for the children®" and "common sense®". If this sounds cynical, realize that I've been directly dealing with those that fight self defense rights for quite a while.
The following 3 members says Thank You to mrerick for your post:
Unread 10-05-2017, 08:17 PM   #34
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

It sometime seems there are only 2 options, Totally ban all gun ownership or absolutely to restrictions what so ever! The NRA is willing to work toward a viable solution. Do the Democratic senator, congress realize they have 24 hour protection while we who put them there need a firearm to protect themselves and family! Police are often pushed to there limit! Fifteen years ago in our other house in the middle of the night, Debby and I woke up to a masked gunman standing at the foot of the bed pointing a gun at us both!. I had a 9mm Berretta but no where in reach. There were 2, one searched the house and the one with the gun pointed at us grabbed her handbag, The scariest moment when he fired 2 rounds in to the ceiling as they left! We never really got over it!! Have a gun close to your reach! You feel so helpless! You never forget the helplessness! Have your gun close! Eric & Debby~
The following member says Thank You to cirelaw for your post:
Unread 10-05-2017, 11:26 PM   #35
Pistol
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvin View Post
Banning guns completely is highly unlikel.
I was talking hypothetically......it is unlikely. My point was killers will kill even if guns were banned. And criminals will always have guns anyway.
Pistol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2017, 12:11 AM   #36
ttarp
User

Its pretty silly to consider bump stocks a problem, the only danger they pose is poor muzzle control, and possibly sending a round over a backstop. Unless its mounted on a bipod, or tripod, automatic firearms are less effective due to being harder to control than semiautos anyway.

Personally I don't have any interest in bump stocks, and other than just for the occasional novelty of it, don't have any real interest in automatics either, nor can I afford to waste the money feeding them. Its truly saddening what happened, but I'm not consoled by the thought of more firearm related bans.
ttarp is offline   Reply With Quote
The following member says Thank You to ttarp for your post:
Unread 10-06-2017, 01:50 AM   #37
Sergio Natali
User

Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,007 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirelaw View Post
I noticed our old friend Hickok has been removed! Damage control!
Hi Eric,

Are you sure? I've just checked and he's on You Tube.
I post the link of his last video put on the Net 4 hours ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4sombIpZ6c
Unread 10-06-2017, 08:48 AM   #38
alanint
User

Thanked 1,916 Times in 1,192 Posts

[QUOTE=Eugen;308878]Maybe i dont know much, but such a device/mod should be illegal!

Eric, Thanks for posting those videos.[/QUOTE

A very dangerous premise! What next, semi-autos? The Libs are always looking for way to get the "Fudds", (our average shotgun or rifle hunter) to turn on the Paramilitary crowd. This "give an inch" philosophy plays right into their hands. Every concession should be fought by tooth and nail.

There is a storm coming, and you are giving away your roof tiles!
alanint is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 5 members says Thank You to alanint for your post:
Unread 10-06-2017, 09:16 AM   #39
cirelaw
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Sergio. only his bump video I posted was deleted! I don't know about his others! There are still plenty posted!
The following member says Thank You to cirelaw for your post:
Unread 10-08-2017, 09:27 AM   #40
K.Wilhelm
User

Default "Bump" stock ban: only just the start!

Some of us had better wake up. The proposed language in one bill clearly specifies that any device increasing the rate of fire in a semi-auto would be included in such a ban. Lighter trigger parts and springs would surely fall into this provision because they would cause the weapon to be capable of firing more rounds in a specified time period.

The anti-gunners don't need to have the 2nd repealed- E.O.'s and ATF interpretations can continue to be used to weaken it & make it moot at some point.
The following 3 members says Thank You to K.Wilhelm for your post: