LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > Lugerforum Archive

Unread 06-27-2001, 06:40 PM   #1
Michael
User

Default stainless luger..

I have a stainless luger with a 1914 chamber date...Ivory grips....engraved dog on one side and a sword in flames on the other...DWM ensignia on top of the slide. Any help and info. will be greatly appreciated. e-mail if you want. Was taken from colonel? in Nazi Germany

Unread 06-27-2001, 07:36 PM   #2
Michael
User

Default Re: stainless luger..

This pistol has 8.82 on the bottom of the barrel and all the markings to indicate that it the real thing...all numbers match and it is in mint condition. Need any info. cause I don't have any clue to it's value or orgin.

Unread 06-27-2001, 08:08 PM   #3
Johnny Peppers
User

The date on the chamber of your Luger indicates that it was originally a military pistol. The military pistols were never nickel plated, engraved, or adorned with exotic grips. Sounds like an American GI had lots of cigarettes to trade to have his war trophy customized.

Unread 06-27-2001, 11:28 PM   #4
Ad.

I think I recall that the "sword in flames" was the shoulder patch of Allid troops assigned to occupation forces in Germany after WWII. Any miliraria collectors have more definite input?

Unread 06-27-2001, 11:48 PM   #5
Mike T.

I think that there is a definite historical value to a Luger which some GI acquired as a war trophy (either by capture or purchase) in the ETO and took pride in customizing (or perhaps "pimping up" would be a more accurate term). This in fact is in my opinion a more interesting (although not as valuable) gun than the same pistol in excellent original condition. However, it will always remain a problem determining whether an individual gun is a trophy fixed up by a triumphant victor over Fascism in 1945 or instead something bubbazized in the states in 1974.