LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 10-10-2004, 07:46 PM   #1
jackz
User

Post Please: Reference for Spur Trigger Pistols

Membersâ?¦
I say a warm Hello again. It seems that before yearâ??s end I will probably (finally) be getting my Luger. In November it will be discussed in detail with the present caretaker. While not posting, I must admit that I must set the record for Lurking!

The question at hand is about â??Spur Triggered Pistolsâ?. You know, those little Pocket Pistols made in the late 1800â??s.
I furnish a link showing what I am talking about. Scrolling down that page, I have one as shown at the top left. I still have to â??findâ? my other one.
http://members.aol.com/jtjersey/Ranger/ranger.htm

I come to delve into your wealth of knowledge on all things large and small.

Would you know of any reference books, forums, etc. that is/are DEDICATED to these little gems? I found in a search, that the new Twenty Fifth Edition of the Blue Book is covering SOME of these.

I thank you for any input on this subject.

Bye the bye: This is the only forum that I wear a shirt and tie when I access it! (GRIN!)

Warmest Regards, Jack
jackz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2004, 10:36 AM   #2
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Jack, we appreciate your observance and exceeding the dress code... Blue Jeans are just as welcome here...

Sorry I can't help with your request on the spur triggers... I did have the opportunity to shoot one in my youth... and can't say I would welcome the opportunity to do that again!

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2004, 02:12 PM   #3
jackz
User

John S...

Thank you for your reply.
I have been asking all over the web and am drawing blanks. It seems strange that I haven't found anything. There were a "Ton" of those things made.

I have NEVER thought about someone shooting one of them but people MUST have. Makes one wonder, some were in stout calibers!

Regards, Jack
Unread 10-11-2004, 02:14 PM   #4
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,507 Times in 2,081 Posts
Same with pin fires, 1000's of them made, but little collector interest and thus little written on the. Looks like an open opportunity for you to write a book Jack!!

Ed
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2004, 08:31 PM   #5
jackz
User

Ed T...

I think I HAVE seen such a book that I seek. However "CRS" is more commen with each passing day.

I found that in 2002 a member 'Jim C' of the Utah Gun Collectors Association had a Spur Trigger Pistol exhibit. I am going to try and see if I can 'find' him.

Another thought is to call "Blue Book" and ask questions. They were real helpful to me on a Stevens shotgun. I really don't want to keep buying the Blue Book every year! (Cheap..)

Pin Fire Huh? You really know how to put a spin on something! (GRIN!)

Thank you all for taking the time to at least say something. ALL the other places didn't even respond!!

It feels good to wear a shirt and tie. Many places, you have to carry a bat just to lurk!

I am hoping that SOON I can be showing my Luger for "The Critique"!

Regards, Jack
Unread 10-12-2004, 09:22 AM   #6
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Hi Ya TAC!... I thought IG may have had you in a headlock... what you been up to old friend?

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2004, 11:29 PM   #7
jackz
User

tacfoley...

Thank you very much for the lead!! It is a little bit humerous that I got it from so far away. You must have sensed that I have ancestory from your side of the "Pond"! Mom was from just outside of London and her father was WELSH. Hence the middle name Davies.
When he served in WWI he enlisted as Davis to 'Americanize' his name to get better treated if captured. I HAVE his identity badge. The family still has a bunch of letters that Mom and he sent to each other during those times.

Regards, Jack