LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 04-06-2004, 10:06 PM   #1
Navy
RIP

Post A sincere apology

To all whom my intemperate words may have offended, I sincerely apologize. I fear that a combination of a great deal of stress due to overwork, added to the angst of seeing the sights from Fallugha while learning of my sons warning orders to go yet again in to the cauldron affected me. Combine this with some self-medication via barrel squeezins' and there is a perfect scenario for Old Fatmouth (Keyboard?) to make an ass of himself in public.

To any and all I may have offended, I apologize.

And FWIW, John D. "took me to the woodshed" in a style that would have made my beloved Grandpa' proud.

Tom A.
Navy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2004, 10:12 PM   #2
G.T.
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,583 Times in 989 Posts
Arrow

Hi Tom! I don't know you all that well, but I know what it takes to make a statement like that... And, let me be the first to welcome you back, my hats off to you! Best to you, and your son, who's about to go into harms way! Til...lat'r...GT
G.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2004, 10:24 PM   #3
Thor
User

Welcome back Tom!!
915-526-8925 Email
thor340@aol.com
-----------------------------------
John3:3
Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2004, 10:24 PM   #4
Greg
User

Tom,

I would welcome the opportunity to raise a glass with you anytime. Welcome back!!

Greg
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2004, 10:45 PM   #5
Edward Tinker
Super Moderator
Eternal Lifer
LugerForum
Patron

Thanked 4,507 Times in 2,081 Posts
Tom, I know it takes real courage to write an apology that others may read publically.

I hope you stay on the forum and read, contribute and stay here to share your â??war-storiesâ?.

And may God walk with your son, nothing is more scary than them going into harms way where we canâ??t help them. After all, they are always our children.

Ed
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I, Vol II, Vol III and Vol IV

Edward Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2004, 01:32 AM   #6
G.W. Gill
User

Tom, I also wrote John D. an apology. You are not in a lone boat. I too was amiss and offer apologies.
G.W. Gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2004, 01:40 AM   #7
Ron Wood
2010 LugerForum
Patron

Location: Santa Teresa New Mexico just outside of the West Texas town of El Paso
Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,676 Posts
Words do not fail me now. Your earlier post hurt in many ways but your apology is sincere and from a good heart. The slate is clean in my book.
God bless you and your son, and may He give understanding to those your son will face and bring us peace. Welcome back Tom.
Unread 04-07-2004, 02:42 AM   #8
minigun
User

Godbless your son for his work in Iraq.
minigun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2004, 08:17 AM   #9
John D.
Administrator
& Site Owner
LugerForum
Patron

Hey Tom (and GW!!!)..!

Welcome back, Tom!!!

I would also like to add two comments......

First - it takes a tough man, with dignity, pride and honor to make the post you did above. My sincerest respect for that. Both of you....

Second - Tom, your son in is Jen's and my thoughts and prayers.

Third (OK - I guess I have 3 comments). Anyone who has the fortitude to privately reply to one of my "into the woodshed" e-mails, also has an incredible level of courage.

Again - welcome Back, Tom...!!
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2004, 10:28 AM   #10
policeluger
RIP

Tom, I am at a lost for words too express my feelings, but I will try, and I hope that you read this, feeling as I do, that we are all God's children. Perhaps for me it all started during the Iran hostage crisis, at the time I was mid way through a federal career, passed two tours of duty in VN and 2 p/hearts....and I was having my loyalty questioned by NIS (now NCIS, as I was an engineer with the Dept of the Navy) as to what were my connections to Iran...Whoa back this up FYI I am half Iranian on my war bride mothers side...and was I a "true" American. I alway felt I was nothing but a true American, but very proud of my mothers side, and know what warm and wonderful people thay were...then came 9/11 and an entire new attack on me by Navy management, so much so that I filed and won an EEO complaint, there were several derogatory remarks made towards my background...I feel sometimes up aginist a wall I can't scale. Now I dislike political/religious fanitics, who want to destroy all who do not agree with them, and I believe I do have an understanding why some parts of the world hates America, my grandmother would be a good starting point, but we are all childern of God, your good sons, mine, and Mohammed Atta's...the first, I believe, identified pilots in the twin tower plane crashes (and he is answering to God for his actions). We must all learn to forgive and accept each other. Tom I want to thank you for your apology, I am very sorry if I hurt your feelings, I could not handle my son having to serve in a war zone, it scares me to walk in your shoes right now. Lets get on with Lugers...the bound that ties. Thanks for all that emailed with support!
policeluger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2004, 01:13 PM   #11
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
Welcome back brother Tom. I was absent due to family obligations when all this took place... and can't even voice my upset to have stood at the ashes and wondered where it all went wrong... and what would it take to put things right again?

And yet here we are "survivors" once again...

The tribe has spoken

To Tom A. for being man enough to start it, and to all who have posted to this thread... this is just one more example of what a fine bunch of folks populate this forum on a regular basis...

I am honored to be associated with all of you... and it isn't just Lugers that tie us together in my opinion... it is honor, integrity, some not so quiet patriotism, and belief in the principles that founded this country, and our desire to see that it prevails.

I have always considered my efforts over the last few years, that I put into the background operation and admin of this forum to be a privilege... thanks for keeping it so. Y'all make me proud.

Just my $0.02... better late than never.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2004, 04:12 PM   #12
Ron Smith
User

Tom, I'm fairly new to the forum, but it takes a MAN, to stand square shouldered,and admit he made a mistake. If your son has his daddys genes, he'll do just fine.

Ron
I Still Need DWM side plate #49... if anyone runs across a nice one.

What ~Rudyard Kipling~ said...
Ron Smith is offline   Reply With Quote