LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Off Topic & Other Firearms

Unread 04-10-2004, 12:39 PM   #1
Ron Smith
User

Post For Hi-Power Fans

This is a Lithuanian contract Hi-Power. I'm told that fewer than 7000 were produced. The stock is a Muscat-Oman contract. He threw it in on the deal. He said that only 29 pistols were made for the Palace Guard. He had 2 of the pistols and sold them for $10,000. He forgot he had the stock. Could'nt locate the pistol buyer afterward. It's been in his safe, since.
The kicker on the deal is the Ser# on the Lithuanian.(see photo)
I owe my retirement fund a few bucks. But, could'nt pass it up.Should be able to get my money back, if it should come to it! Just wanted to share it with you guys.
Ron
I Still Need DWM side plate #49... if anyone runs across a nice one.

What ~Rudyard Kipling~ said...
Ron Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2004, 01:43 PM   #2
Thor
User

Is'nt that just stunning! WOW! I love the colors!
915-526-8925 Email
thor340@aol.com
-----------------------------------
John3:3
Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2004, 03:48 PM   #3
Ron Smith
User

Thor, Yeah me too. I love that rich, old European tone. It just emits, quality. The old teakwood lined social clubs, with rich leather furniture. Brandy and good cigars. Sure don't get that from some of the overpriced junk out there now. And kordura holsters. They work great,but look like...!

Ron

Unread 04-10-2004, 06:13 PM   #4
Mike Jones
User

If anyone here is interested, I have a unfired consecutive numbered pair of the Sultan of Oman Hi Powers complete with spare magazines,cleaning rods,boxes and papers with one stock for sale.

Regards,
Mike
Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2004, 07:11 PM   #5
John -Melb
User

Browning GP35's were the issue handgun when I was in the army, they are great!
Unfortunately due to "Jackboot Johnny's" hate of privately owned firearms. (He's the bloke George W Bush refers to as a "man of steel", George W is right but he got the spelling wrong!) they are now illegal to own is this country due to their 13 shot magazine!
Many years ago I was offered one by a rather shady airforce chap who had acquired it somewhere, no paperwork.....Should've bought the bloody thing! We live and learn!
Ron, your new toy looks great and I hope you enjoy it for many years to come,
John -Melb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2004, 07:21 PM   #6
Ron Smith
User

John, Thanks!
What has happened in your country, must not happen here! The aggrivation must be overwhelming. I know I will be securing locations to hide some of my favorites, if the time should ever come.
Is there any possibility of ever getting the ban reversed? Is there any kind grassroots org. working on it? I would certainly hope so.
This kind of knee-jerk BS gags me! You'er Great people,in a Great country, with a political moron in charge.

Here's Hoping, Ron

PS I just wanted to add something about Australian character. In 1970 about 7or8 of us were in a Disco in Hong Kong. It was the #1 hang-out for the British Forces. We were minding our own business, on R&R out of Vietnam.When the "Baby Killer" comments started. We fired back a few about the Queen and her Majesties Royal Yellow streaks, We were just about to be overwhelmed by a vastly superior force. When they stopped short. We turned to see about 20 or 30 Aussie sailors off of a visiting Frigate standing behind us. This big Petty Officer, yells out ,"Hope you lads don't mind, we'er with the Yanks!" We had a great time, and not a comment, nor a punch were thrown. Man do I love Aussies! Ron

Unread 04-13-2004, 10:24 PM   #7
John -Melb
User

Tac, I'm sure Ron's comments were directed at the drunken louts who were making the "baby killer" comments and not to Tommy Atkins in general.
John -Melb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2004, 11:00 AM   #8
stymie
User

Thanks for the photos. That is one gorgeous High Power.

If I'm not mistaken, judging from the rivet pattern, especially on the buckle & the leather stitching... that is an Odin International reproduction QD stock. I have one exactly like it!
Unread 04-14-2004, 01:49 PM   #9
Aaron
Banned

I hate to rain on other people's parades, but I too recognized the stock as an Odin reproduction, but refrained from saying so. Two of these have passed through my hands, and the high prices they command ($400+/-)amaze me. I suppose it's because originals are virtually non-existant.
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2004, 06:03 PM   #10
Ron Smith
User

Gentlemen, I meant no disrespect to the British military nor the British people. They have proven themselves time and again. However, it was not we, who instigated the name calling. We were fresh out of combat(and none, to my knowledge, had ever killed a baby.) and not looking for any trouble. I would'nt expect you to sit meekly and absorb this abuse, as we were not about to. We were merely giving tit for tat. Men have been killed for lesser accusations.

Very sincerely, Ron Smith

Stymie and Aaron,
Thanks for the info on the stock. I am happy to know, if it is a repro. At least I won't look like a bafoon, trying to pass it off as original.
Albeit a very high quality repro., and free to boot.
Who is or was, Odin Int'l?

Thanks! Ron

Unread 04-14-2004, 09:17 PM   #11
stymie
User

Hi Ron...

Here is the original letter submitted by BATF to Odin regarding the use of reproduction stocks on High Powers:
http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/usr/w...f_letter58.txt

My stock (yes, they ARE beautiful) came with a "Certificate of Authenticity & Registration". It shows the following:
Collector Division
Odin International, Ltd.
818 Slaters Lane
Alexandria, VA 22314

This certificate certifies that the FN Hi Power M1935 Stock is one of a limited edition of 1000 units. These unique stocks were produced for FN Hi Power collectors. Limited production of the original FN Hi Power Stock was made possible because Odin International, Ltd. purchased the last remaining quantity of stock lugs from the famous FN factory located in Herstal, Belgium.

It is signed: Thomas B. Nelson
President

My stock certificate is numbered #155
Dated: 2/24/82
Unread 04-14-2004, 10:06 PM   #12
Ron Smith
User

Stymie, Thanks, for the info! That's kind of cool. I like that. Wish I had the letter to go with it. The dealer I bought the Lithuanian from. I know did'nt try to mis-lead me. I've known him for years. He's one of the most honest gun dealers I've ever met. He bought it with the Muscat-Oman pistols, as a rig. From a heavy duty collector, who has since passed on. Walt was commissioned to sell the collection recently. He still has a few I wish I could afford.The collector had approx. 160 different variations of Hi-Powers. And over 130 Lugers w/ holsters. Some mega-bucks type bought all of the Lugers and holsters from the family. Walt said the guy got them for about 35 cents on the dollar. Ripped them off! Walt found out and tried to intervene, but too late.

Thanks! Ron

Unread 04-23-2004, 12:45 PM   #13
YOOO VINNY
New User

I just aquired one of these HP holster/stocks in a trade, and I would assume it's a repo. While very close to you'rs, I've noticed that the rivits that hold the holster to the stock seem to be different. The rivits on mine are silver (alum?) and have a washer under the peened head on the back side, while you'rs look solid and maybe of brass ?? I'm not sure how to post a pic here, but you can see mine at this thread
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showt...hreadid=107536
Cheers, YOOO VINNY
YOOO VINNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2004, 11:57 AM   #14
Ron Smith
User

Vinny, They are very similar. I've seen another variation with a brass rivet at the toe of the holster. And steel or aluminum rivets at the top.
Hard to say how many ways they were assembled?
Great rig for two boxs of 06 ammo. I would trade like that any time. Outstanding!
Ron

Unread 07-19-2004, 07:28 PM   #15
paul brenner
New User

Very nice HP you should be proud,I am looking for Nazi stamped WaA140 HP mags anyone know were to look?

Paul Brenner
paul brenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2004, 02:13 AM   #16
jimmy b
User

ron
i aquired a lithuanian high power many years ago and have never looked into it's value.
yours is in much better condition. mine looks like it has seen some service but wasn't abused.
i also have a canadian wooden holster/stock that fits this HP.
what is a weapon like this worth???
(i can't transmit pictures...just a ballpark will do)

jimmy b
jimmy b is offline   Reply With Quote