LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > General Discussion Forums > Holster Forum

Unread 05-21-2004, 01:05 PM   #1
USMC
User

Post P.08 Holster fake on E-bay?

Ladies & Gents,

I'am no expert on luger holsters by any means, but this holster looks like a definate fake and it is listed as "original". Anyone with knowledge on this subject feel free to correct me if I'm wrong or expand on my thoughts of this holster. Just a little warning to unsuspecting buyers.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...245991164&rd=1

Semper-Fi
USMC
Unread 05-21-2004, 02:03 PM   #2
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
I have seen this seller auction other holsters that have a moldy appearance. Funny that the mold is primarily on the inside? like it had been filled with water...

IMHO This holster doesn't look genuine to me. The belt loops look to new to be on a holster in this condition and the stitching doesn't look original either. It is as if the holster was weathered by leaving it top side up and the belt loops were not exposed to the elements, so they are still in pretty new condition.

the back of the holster is marked P38 and not P08, yet the mag pocket has cutouts for the Luger mag bottom knobs. Possibly a reproduction that was mismarked by the maker...

"lugerholsterrepair" may be able to provide more credible comments on the holster's construction.

At least one forum member has previously opined that this person sells new reproduction holsters that have been intentionally "weathered" by leaving them outside and exposed to the weather.

My advice is to pass, or be prepared to wave goodbye to your money!

-Just my $0.02

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2004, 04:45 PM   #3
George Anderson
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,528 Times in 787 Posts
If you look at all the stuff this guy sells and the modest prices, you have to wonder if he is trying to pull something off. I think he's probaby just a high volume seller. He has a few negatives out of thousands of sales and those seem to have been resolved.

On another note, I have a 1940 something P08 holster marked P08 which has an original mag pouch designed for the P38 mag and it has never had a tool put in the tool pouch.
George Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2004, 05:00 PM   #4
John Sabato
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,096 Posts
George,

I think the guy supplying this volume seller may be the one who is suspect. This holster is on consignment and it isn't the first one... Just my thoughts on the matter.

"...We hold these truths to be self-evident that ALL men are created EQUAL and are endowed by their Creator with certain UNALIENABLE rights, and among these are life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness..."
John Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2004, 07:53 PM   #5
lugerholsterrepair
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 3,121 Times in 1,432 Posts
The Seller says:
mold stains on interior, exterior NICE no pealing or flaking, some areas brown showing, MINOR, very nice overall 95% looks, a little clean up and leather balm, should make this a 99% holster

Returns No problem : No reason Needed

I think the guy is off his rocker. This is never going to be a 99% HOLSTER NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO TO IT. I want to know what type of leather balm this guy has in mind.
I don't like the look of the belt loops or the front strap and the condition of the leather and stitching could be a disaster if the mold and mildew has been attacking it for very long.
There is a tool pouch in the top lid and like John says the mag pouch is notched for a Luger magazine. I know George says the Germans made mistakes and I agree but this one has too many red flags waving around.
Besides, when you buy crap you end up with crap.
I say spend your hard earned money on something that is genuine and in good enough condition that it could be easily fixed if need be.
Water and the subsequent mold damage on a holster is never a good place to start. You cannot reverse this, you may be able to stop it, but the damage is already done . I cannot comment on the integrity of the supplier or seller but whoever stored this holster is an idiot. Jerry Burney

Yuma AZ 85367-6182

lugerholsterrepair@earthlink.net

928 342-7583 (CO & AZ) Year Round
719 207-3331 (cell)

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."
lugerholsterrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2004, 10:18 PM   #6
George Anderson
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

Thanked 2,528 Times in 787 Posts
Jerry, check out this guy's other sh!t and you will see the basis for his 99% rating.geo
George Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2004, 07:33 AM   #7
Jerry
Lifer
Lifetime Forum
Patron

This guy must mast produce these holsters in his
basement.I gave him a email with questions once.
Than I new to stay far away! LET THE BUYER/BIDDER
BE WARE!
Unread 05-25-2004, 01:29 PM   #8
USMC
User

Like I said when I first posted this thread, "I'm no expert". This holster is just screaming repro! It really disgust me to see people advertise things like this as original, so a unsuspecting buyer will purchases it.

This is kind of off the topic but, is anyone selling a WWII era p.08 holster. I'm looking to buy here soon and I want to see what's out there and get some prices. You can send private message if there are any takers on my post.

Semper-Fi
USMC