LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Unread 09-14-2002, 11:24 AM   #1
Stevie
User

Post All matching except mag.

Burned a vacation day last Tuesday,and went to shoot my newest Luger. I also took along a sistema colt 11.25mm{.45}. Great shooting guns!
I had shot the Luger earlier this summer,and knew itwas accurate. But because of the heavy feeling mainspring, Iexpected some jams or failures to lock back when empty. Not so,As the pistol preformed fantastic! She ate up 90 rnd's of various ammo no problems.
I had purchased the sistema colt last spring, and never had a chance to shoot it. Was thinking about trading it. I took it apart and looked it over to make sure it was safe to shoot. Noticed that all the # match and pistol looks like new inside,I didnt like the mag, so I took some from another .45.
This gun shoots fine, sights are dead on and accuracy is great!Didn't expect that. No jam's or failures at all. I thought accurate .45's were a myth, until now.
Just thought I would share.

Stevie
Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2002, 01:58 PM   #2

Stevie,

You're learning. Good tight .45s shoot really well and, if the trigger pull is good, they shoot even better. However the Luger is neeeeat.

If I were betting on the first or last shot of the day I would use one of my .45s--but I still shoot my Luger a lot.
Unread 09-14-2002, 03:28 PM   #3
Stevie
User

Lugers are neat indeed,my first one was so accurate that I worked with it to fix the reliability problems. Very, very pleased with this mismatched mauser luger. Stick bullets in and shoot,I'll have to try it against my DWM tommorow.
I didn't mean to harp on the 1911,just always a little disappointed in the plinking accuracy. My Remington Rand shoots good, just not as good as this sistema.45. Other .45's I've owned{some were new}were only fair on accuracy, always good on reliability.
I'm sure glad I shot the sistema colt instead of swapping it off.

Stevie
Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote