LugerForum Discussion Forums my profile | register | faq | search
upload photo | donate | calendar

Go Back   LugerForum Discussion Forums > Luger Discussion Forums > New Collectors Forum

Unread 05-28-2004, 05:42 PM   #21
Daniel
User

Well, I'll tell ya, I never shot at a squirrel unless there was a back up tree or thick limb to absorb my .22 if I missed. If we ( my Dad & me )couldn't line up that kind of a shot ,we keep moving around the base of the tree until I could make a safe shot....not safe, NO shot!
Very irresponsible to shoot in the air , no matter where you are, you DON'T know where it will come down and with what force. Would you like to be there ??
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2004, 10:03 PM   #22
ViggoG
RIP

Thumbs down

One last reply !
I was quite aware that the 22 cal lead pellet would arrive to earth in the middle of a, very cotton mouth moccasin infested, swamp and where no man with good sense would likely be at the waning hours of evening.
Especially considering that the swamp in question was bordering a military live round aerial target and bombing range.
And I was also aware that the terminal velocity of the falling pellet is less that the velocity of an air rifle, hardly enough to be a danger to the snakes that escaped the live fire and bombs.
No, were it not for the snakes and bombs I would have no qualms at being at the point or return.
The chance of being injured by the pellet is hardly more than the returning pellets fired at high flying geese and the firing of the test rifle was far less irresponsible than fireing "00 buck shot" at a running deer in the open woods as is the common practice sanctioned nation wide.
My last statement is; "This Forum Is Not For The Promulgation of Demeaning Off Topic Statements Pointlessly Cast At The Actions Of Another With No Correlation To The Subject Matter Under Discussion" !
Have A very Good Evening Sir!
ViggoG
ViggoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2004, 10:17 PM   #23
Navy
RIP

Daniel,

Yes they were. Pls re-read my post concerning the separation between them and the gun-target line. There was no safety compromise involved.

Tom A.
Navy is offline   Reply With Quote